Author Topic: ATT Yahoo home page lost  (Read 3181 times)

REDACTED

ATT Yahoo home page lost
« on: February 04, 2015, 05:40:31 AM »
When I logged on to my computer this evening, but before I went to the internet, AVAST indicated that a Yahoo file was being moved as a possible infection (I think).   When I tried to go to my ATT Yahoo homepage, a message comes up that the internet connection has stopped working - the problem may be in the Internet Explorer program as it is the program which takes me to the ATT Yahoo home page.    I was able to connect this morning.   I suspect that the AVAST program deleted the file that provides the ATT Yahoo connection.    Is there a place from which that file can be retrieved?     I am able to connect to the internet through Google Chrome.    Thanks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:03:19 AM by Michael in Houston »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: ATT Yahoo home page lost
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 05:47:11 PM »
You can only retrieve the file if it is in the chest.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:24 PM »
The file is in the chest and I clicked on "restore" and there is a file with the name in the internet explorer/yahoo file list.   But internet explorer will still not open.   I tried lowering the firewall and disabling the virus protection to no effect.    Is there some part of AVAST that blocks internet explorer?    I am able to log on to the internet through Chrome with no problem.     

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »
I finally figured out a solution.   I opened Internet Explorer without addons and then I went to an innocuous website (national weather service) then I clicked on the home page icon and I went to the att/yahoo homepage - I tried accessing a few more times in different ways but that was the only process that worked.    I had to unistall avast and now I can go directly to my att/yahoo homepage.    I am puzzled as to why avast suddenly started blocking my internet explorer.   

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 12:01:07 PM »
Disabling https scanning may have done the trick.