Author Topic: Cannot re-register Avast Free  (Read 3244 times)

REDACTED

Cannot re-register Avast Free
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:56:59 AM »
My registration will expire in a few days.  I have tried to re-register without success.  I'm running Windows XP on a system that really can't be upgraded to a newer version of Windows.

I open Avast, select "Settings" then "Registration."  I have an exclamation point and the warning that my registration will expire soon.  Immediately to the right of that warning is a hit-box that reads "Register Now."  I click on it, a small window opens, a rotating wheel appears with the message "Loading ..."

Then the small window closes and my registration status remains unchanged: "Your registration will expire soon."

I've been a user for years and have been very happy, but this is the first time I've encountered this difficulty.  How do I re-register my Avast Free for another year?

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
Re: Cannot re-register Avast Free
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 07:06:55 AM »
What version of Avast are you using?

You can fill the registration from via online https://www.avast.com/en-nz/registration-free-antivirus.php
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:18:49 AM »
Avast Free program version 2015.10.0.2208

At the "Overview" I also get a warning that Avast is expiring soon, with a box to register.  But, if I click that I get directed to the store and the *Only* option there is a paid upgrade.

I guess I'll have to go the offline route, or register at the page you mentioned.

I'll be getting a new PC soon, Windows 7 at the least.  I like Avast, and I've used it for years, but if they don't want to offer the free version anymore I'll have to check out other alternatives.  I've never had this much trouble registering before.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »
First try a repair of avast via add/remove and see if it helps? You can also register via the link I provided for you after you have registered do a manual restart of your pc. When you get a new PC take note of this. It will have a pre-installed antivirus mcafee, norton, or etc. 1st uninstall the pre-installed antivirus via add/remove and download the uninstall utility of that antivirus and run it in safe mode. After that install avast and it will do a quick startup scan and once that is finished restart your computer manually and register your copy of avast.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:24:15 AM by Staticguy »
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2