Author Topic: Business Cloud vs other Avast products  (Read 6546 times)

REDACTED

Business Cloud vs other Avast products
« on: February 05, 2015, 07:08:01 PM »
Hi,

We thought we'd try out the free business cloud avast product as we liked the idea of centrally managing devices in the cloud.

However the first PC we installed this on already had Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus which looks like has now been uninstalled.  I presume therefore its either one product or the other, not both?  It would have been good to have been notified of this during the install phase.

if this is the case is there a comparison chart of features/functions etc between the cloud product and other avast products?  i believe Endpoint Protection Suite Plus has many more features than the basic (or even paid for) Business Cloud, can someone shed some light on this please as it could be a show stopper for us.
Thanks

REDACTED

Re: Business Cloud vs other Avast products
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:26:50 AM »
Hi and thanks for taking a look at Avast for Business.

You're correct that Avast for Business will remove our Endpoint Protection product.  In general you don't want to run more than one endpoint product at the same time on the same device,  so this is by design.

For features and functions,  you are correct,  there are significant differences in the two products today.  Over the next 6 months you'll see that divide lessen as we expand Avast for Business in the areas of core features and functions but also additional services and apps.

Are there any specific areas that concern you,  so I can either confirm we'll get to a point where you can feel comfortable soon -- or if you should stick with Endpoint Protection for awhile longer?

Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »
Thanks for the update Luke.

I think ill role back to Endpoint for now, on our main PCs at least.
We will role out Avast for Bus on some less used PCs and VMs and see how they go, its great that its free for the limited feature set.

As and when the divide reduces between products we may come back to it for our main PCs, however it depends on the features and if there is any price increase from the £1.50 per PC/Month.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:01 AM »
Thanks for the update Luke.

I think ill role back to Endpoint for now, on our main PCs at least.
We will role out Avast for Bus on some less used PCs and VMs and see how they go, its great that its free for the limited feature set.

As and when the divide reduces between products we may come back to it for our main PCs, however it depends on the features and if there is any price increase from the £1.50 per PC/Month.

Avast for Business lacks the Deployment options and some of the granularity  that comes with Endpoint Protection (especially the EA Console). However many do not use these advanced features. If you have no need for them then the residual cost of the ABP license is looking to be less than the equivalent Endpoint Suite Plus cost.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay