Author Topic: Problem with free license  (Read 4820 times)

REDACTED

Problem with free license
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:31:12 AM »
i have Problem with myavast accuont _i have 1352  POINTS.and i didnt  Get afree license of avast Internet Security _and my avast account stop collecting Points

REDACTED

Re: Problem with free license
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
As far as I know, the license is given for the recommendation, not for points.
Points currently useless.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 10:42:47 PM »
Recommendations are converted into points (they aren't useless).
Up to 21 recommendations are available to be converted. More recommendations do not add points.
The commendation process is under test. Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:45:08 AM »
Personally I think this whole Karma, a.k.a. point, badges system is so social networking (this is after all a security based application/forum) and whilst it is still in beta essentially the points are pointless (excuse the pun).

Even when this new process goes live - I will happily carry on recommending avast for the simple fact I think it is a very good AV and its free. When I recommend avast I just give a direct link to download it and not a unique link so I get points.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 05:22:18 PM »
i have an issue with points... Friends download and start using Avast anitivirus via my customized link, yet the record doesnt show on my profile. even after five or six friends downloaded and started using it, it still reads 0 friends. Anybody can help??

i anticipate getting my free license very soon.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »
As far as I'm aware they have to install and use for a period of time (unknown) before they would be added.

I rather think it will take more than five or six recommendations to get a free license.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 08:32:23 PM »
I am at work so I can't check, but I believe that the free license for Internet Security 2015 requires 2500 points. I thought it said that in the "Account" tab inside the Avast control console/panel.

You get 250 points for getting one person to use your download link, and I am willing to bet that the catch is that the person needs to register the free copy with their email and use it some.

However, the rewards page on my.avast.com clearly says that getting seven people to install Avast downloaded using your personal link will earn you a license for Avast Internet Security. Seven times 250 equals 1750 points, so things are not entirely clear or consistent.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:56:21 PM by gerryH »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 03:53:20 AM »
OK, I must be mis-remembering things, because I can find no race of anything saying 2500 points gets a license. ???

However, the "Influencer page" does definitely say get 7 people to install avast, get a license for avast Internet Security.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »

Hello . I have Avast account 2530 points. And I can not get a license !!!!!
WHO HOLDS THE MEDIATOR IN THIS CASE CONTROL ???

Offline OndraM

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 01:55:42 PM »
As was stated before. Currently you can get a free license for recommending Avast. Eventually you will be able to use your points to exchange it for licenses, but this will happen, when we will finalise this model and Rewards will leaves the beta phase.

However, right now - having XXX amount of point does not entitle you to anything.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 04:12:20 PM »

Hello . I have Avast account 2530 points. And I can not get a license !!!!!
WHO HOLDS THE MEDIATOR IN THIS CASE CONTROL ???

You have 8 posts and every single one is about the Karma/Points and when you get a free license - you will have received many answers about this new system not yet being ready and finalised. When it does if you have enough points to qualify then you will get a license.

If it is similar to the previous recommendation function there was a place in the my.avast.com which told you if you had qualified - you could elect to download the license or continue recommending and earning credit for extra years.

I suspect that it will be similar in that you would know when/if you have qualified.

So now it is all about patience until this new system goes live.