Author Topic: Avast & Windows Security Alert  (Read 3115 times)

phillymomof4

Avast & Windows Security Alert
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:43:24 AM »
Hi...I have had Avast installed for quite some time and I have to 2 balls in my start menu. Here is the question...I also have the shield in my start menu and I believe it was not red in color with an "X" in it before.  I noticed it today. When I click on it, it is telling me that my "Anti-Virus" is turned off. Would that be a Windows problem and is totally separate from Avast, because I know you shouldn't have more than 1 program OR do I not have anti-virus protection at this time. I have searched this problem to no avail and that brings me to this writing...Please advise. Thank You, Michelle

Klavier

Re: Avast & Windows Security Alert
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 03:51:33 AM »
Hi, maybe you turned off the resident protection module, try to turn it on. (I have my avast in spanish.. but try to right click on the "a" icon, and the last line click on it, something like "start the protection")

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast & Windows Security Alert
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 03:53:27 AM »
I also have the shield in my start menu and I believe it was not red in color with an "X" in it before.
In startup menu you should have, at most, ashdisp.exe the icon, not the virus protection (provider).
Are you using XP? How the four avast! services are configurated to start?

When I click on it, it is telling me that my "Anti-Virus" is turned off.
If you put the mouse over the icon a tip should be shown: what does it say? How many providers are enabled?

I know you shouldn't have more than 1 program OR do I not have anti-virus protection at this time.
You know, but, in fact, do you have any other antivirus in this computer?
The best things in life are free.