Author Topic: Win32:Trojano-2502 [Trj] Alert help  (Read 41720 times)

GinaPA

Re: Win32:Trojano-2502 [Trj] Alert help
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »
Run an avast! scan like I posted before. And post what you get. It's safer send the file to Chest not delete it.

OK--I booted up this morning and have not received any alerts from Avast! Could this mean that the virus IS in the chest and that I'm safe (the one infected file did go there with no problem)??? I was unsure if my choice during the boot-time scan for that other infected file was the correct choice, but since I'm not getting any further warnings, is it possible that I did get rid of the virus????

I really appreciate all the help you've given me. You people here are great.......Gina

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 03:51:03 PM »
Files unable to be scanned could be in use, could be password protected. I won't worry with them.
Please, on the 'Report file' options just click on the 'Infected files' unchecking the other options (hard errors, soft errors, etc.).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 04:27:25 PM »
Many programs (usually security based ones) password protect their files for legitimate reasons such as AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy, there are others.

When you run scans with the above programs and you delete harmful entries that they detect, a copy is kept (in quarantine/restore/backup) in case you need to reverse what you did. These are usually password protected, you should do some housekeeping and delete old backup/recovery/quarantine entries (older than two weeks or so), this will reduce the numbers of files that can't be scanned.

By examining 1) the reason given by avast! for not being able to scan the files, 2) the location of the files, you can get an idea of what program they relate to.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

GinaPA

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 03:08:33 PM »
Files unable to be scanned could be in use, could be password protected. I won't worry with them.
Please, on the 'Report file' options just click on the 'Infected files' unchecking the other options (hard errors, soft errors, etc.).

All 880 items were shown as "unable to scan ar...."!!!!????

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 03:14:14 PM »
You can expand the column width to view the complete text, hover your mouse pointer over the gap between the column titles and the mouse pointer will change to something like this <-|-> click the left mouse button, hold it and drag it to the right.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

GinaPA

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 04:34:28 PM »
I opened Avast's log viewer but it was blank! Does this mean I didn't save it and need to run a scan all over again??????

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 05:02:52 PM »
The scan log is not saved in the home version only the Pro version.

You can only view at the time of creation in the window that is opened after the scan. I wouldn't worry about doing it now, just check it the next routine scan that you do (I do mine once a week as a part of my regular system maintenance).

As I have said before files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned, so don't worry unduly.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 12:27:41 AM »
The scan log is not saved in the home version only the Pro version.

You can only view at the time of creation in the window that is opened after the scan. I wouldn't worry about doing it now, just check it the next routine scan that you do (I do mine once a week as a part of my regular system maintenance).

That's not true, I'm afraid ;)
Obviously, you are talking about report file. You just have to turn on the creation of the report file and select what kind of records should be written there - the setting is available in program settings, even in the Home version.
However, it's important not to confuse the report file and the event logs (which is what you see with avast! Log Viewer). You can also configure what is stored in the logs (program settings, Logging), but it's something else than the scan report file.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 12:50:54 AM »
That's not true, I'm afraid  ;)
Obviously, you are talking about report file.
Thanks Igor

GinaPA

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 01:14:16 AM »
I thought I was OK after not getting any warnings since moving that one infected file to the chest last night, but I just got the warning again a few minutes ago.  It was the same Trojan-2502, but the file was different. This time it was C:\system\VolumeInformation\_restore{10D4B4EE-7C0B-4339-9C7........" HOWEVER...I was able to move it to the chest!!!  :D

Assuming I'm OK now, should I leave the trojan in the chest permanently, or do you delete worms and viruses after so long?? You also said you run it once a week--I haven't been doing that with Avast because I thought it's supposed to alert you when you have a problem (which it has)???? I do run run my spy programs weekly for adware so I didn't think I needed to do anything more!??

I think I need to spend some time looking through the help files and read about the different options using Avast. I know I did this when I first installed it (quite a while back), but I think it's time to go over it all again........Gina

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2005, 01:15:23 AM »
I have just ticked the Create Report file and found that if you don't view the report file whilst the simple user interface is open the View Scan Reports... option is grayed out when you come back in again, so to is the Last Ccan Results...

This is what I was really getting on about if they don't view it at directly after the scan you can't view it using the SUI menu, rather the user would have to know where the default report file is located "D:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\report\Simple user interface.txt".

I also see that the two reports are slightly different in that the excluded files are listed on the Last Scan Results... but not on the View Scan Reports...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 01:19:17 AM »
This time it was C:\system\VolumeInformation\_restore{10D4B4EE-7C0B-4339-9C7........" HOWEVER...I was able to move it to the chest!!!

Somehow or other I doubt that it has been moved as the System Volume Information folder is a part of System Restore and as such is protected by windows. To totally remove it you will need to disable system restore (this will clear all restore points including the infected one), reboot and scan again, if it is clear you can then enable system restore again.

Re files in the virus chest.
Leave the file in the avast Chest, a protected area where it can do no harm. You should leave it there for a week or two to ensure no harmful effects of having moved it. If there are no harmful effects, then scan it again if that scan also confirms it as infected you can delete it from within the chest.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 01:22:05 AM by DavidR »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005, 01:23:16 AM »
Just to add some words to Igor ones.
With the Pro version you can work with the results, click and take an action.
With the Home version you have only the report, a txt file, and you have to take actions (rescan, send to Chest, etc.) manually.

Gina, after all, can we help you in anything more?
The best things in life are free.

GinaPA

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 01:49:27 AM »
Somehow or other I doubt that it has been moved as the System Volume Information folder is a part of System Restore and as such is protected by windows. To totally remove it you will need to disable system restore (this will clear all restore points including the infected one), reboot and scan again, if it is clear you can then enable system restore again.

Oh no!!! Yesterday when it wouldn't move a file to the chest, it told me it couldn't do it--so today, when the alert disappeared after I chose to move this latest file there, that it did do it!!!??? Now I'm REALLY confused (I was looking for a "gone insane" smileycon to insert here--but there isn't one)!!!!!.......Gina

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 01:57:10 AM »
What are you confused about? my crystal ball is on the blink ;D

Win XP-ME - How to disable System Restore

Once you have disabled system restore, reboot, that should automatically delete the contents of the _Restore folders. Scan your PC again and if clear enable system restore.