Poll

Do you think Avast home should have all the features of the Pro version?

yes
0 (0%)
no
15 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 25, 2005, 02:47:18 AM

Author Topic: Features in Avast home  (Read 12271 times)

justin1278

Features in Avast home
« on: September 24, 2005, 02:47:18 AM »
It seems that all voters agree that avast home should not have all of the same features as the Pro version. Thank you for all of your opinions.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 02:48:51 AM by justin1278 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Features in Avast home
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 03:01:47 AM »
No. If you cancel the avast! Pro version Alwil company will remove the Home version. It's logic, who will pay them?
No way. For Home version to live it must have the Pro version. To anyone buy the Pro it should have an advantage. In fact, I think there are very few. I mean, the major concurrent of avast! Pro is avast! Home.
Definetively not. Home version should be a minor version of the Pro one.
Please, let the Home version free.

Other companies do not even have a free version: Symantec, Kaspersky, McAfee, Dr. Web, NOD, Norman, etc. etc.
The best things in life are free.

justin1278

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 03:08:21 AM »
I think that the home version should remain with some features disabled
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 04:27:33 AM by justin1278 »

Iso-G

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 07:25:10 AM »
I agree with Tech 100%.

MFB

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 07:36:39 AM »
Like what Tech always said, The people of alwil need to eat too!  ;D

Home Editon already provides a decent protection for ordinary users.  If you want more kick out of avast! then buy the Pro edition.   The people of alwil were very generous to give us the Home Edition for free cause they know that some people who owns a home/family PC might not be able to afford a antivirus software.   :)

TAP

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:11:06 AM »
Are you kidding?   :o

For free antivirus, doesn't avast! home edition offer you enough protection? for me avast! home with its fast and reliable update mechanism are more enough.

Alternatively, if you want the world-class-full-featued antivirus you can get eTrust EZ Antivirus from CA one year for free, over 95% of fortune 500 companies use CA software, shouldn't you?  ;D

http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:31:19 AM by TAP »

roro

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 08:56:37 AM »
I like Avast Home Edition  free the way it is, and certainly don't need to have the pro goodies.  The free version updates almost everyday automatically, and lots of other freebies make you do it manually. (You pay for automatic updates).
I love Avast  and although I did pay for Norton's 1 year subscription service as of this summer,  have uninstalled Norton AV to use Avast instead.
Of course, I am just a home computer user, and haven't ever had many problems with viruses.
 Now getting Malware and Spyware that is another thing.  Just downloaded Spyware blaster and installed a week ago,and have not had anything found in Spybot or Adaware since.
That  is another great program.

;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:58:50 AM by roro »

Starfighter

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 09:04:34 AM »
I voted "No"

My reason is the same as Tech's...   8)

DukeNukem

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 11:58:19 AM »
lol, if it still remains free then yes  :)

But that's highly unlikely.

Avast Home is perfect as it is, provides excellent protection and has a lot of features for a free product.

Of course more features are welcome but remember the best feature is that it is free.

justin1278

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 03:13:42 PM »
i agree with all of you i just wanted to know what others thought.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 04:48:49 PM »
I think that the home version should remain with some features disabled
I can't see the purpose of this or how is it possible to ask the question and also have the opinion to leave it as it is?

If there is no Pro version (or no difference from the Home version) how would Alwil survive without making a small charge for the Home (the name would now be defunct) version?

If this were to happen I feel there would be no free version, many who started out on the free version have upgraded to the Pro version, so there would be no incentive for them to do this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ross

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 05:03:53 PM »
I voted no. I want Avast! to stay active and in development. That cant happen without some form of paid support. Pro must remain more functional than home for this to work.

joooo

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 08:13:22 PM »
I find that the ALWIL would have to more work in the question of the interface of avast home and professional, becoming prettier.  Also in the question of the sweepings speed that is a little slow. 

But the Alwil is of congratulations for the work and avast is one anti-virus very good.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:16:41 PM by joooo »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 08:33:25 AM »
I'm happy with current Home Ed feature set and I think the difference between Home and Pro edition should remain as it is now.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 02:23:41 PM »
I find that the ALWIL would have to more work in the question of the interface of avast home and professional, becoming prettier.  Also in the question of the sweepings speed that is a little slow. 

But the Alwil is of congratulations for the work and avast is one anti-virus very good.

Yo Joooo !!! (Hi in RAP language  ;D )

What do you mean by "PRETTIER" ? Something like Vanessa Williams, or more like Pamela Anderson ? It's little buit confusing and you have to give us a clue...  :o

;D  ;D

Edit: Or you maybe meant something like Naomi Campbell ?  ;D
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s