Author Topic: How to unblock a url Avast thinks is malicious  (Read 13646 times)

Wyld1USA

How to unblock a url Avast thinks is malicious
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:35:55 AM »
I need to allow a URL that AVAST thinks is malicious. I know the URL and it is part of a video game that loads a cheat protection. I can't find where I can allow it or even put it on an exclusion list. How do I allow this??
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:11:33 AM by Wyld1USA »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to unblock a url Avast thinks is malicious
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:36:36 AM »
It depends on a) what shield in avast is blocking it (?) and b) if it is actually infected or not.

If it is the network shield blocks malicious URLs and there is no user input to exclude a URL considered malicious. You can report it as possibly an FP for further analysis send an email to virus@avast.com with false positive - network shield in the Subject and full information in the email body.

If it is the web shield, it is possible to exclude a URL in its expert settings, this however shouldn't be done without being 100% clear it isn't infected or the site hacked. Sites being hacked are one of the most common methods of internet infections, so what might be a legit site can get hacked.

So effectively we need to know the URL changing the http part to hXXp so the link isn't active ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 02:47:01 AM »
David,  i work for a university, Southern Virginia University.  I need to access our HELPDESK website ... http://spice.svu.edu/helpdesk  ... this is NOT an infected or malicious website.  I *can* access it when I suspend/disable avast but NOT when avast shields are UP.   so is there a way to tell AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 2015 to *ignore* and NOT block this address?   Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 02:51:56 AM »
David,  i work for a university, Southern Virginia University.  I need to access our HELPDESK website ... http://spice.svu.edu/helpdesk  ... this is NOT an infected or malicious website.  I *can* access it when I suspend/disable avast but NOT when avast shields are UP.   so is there a way to tell AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 2015 to *ignore* and NOT block this address?   Thanks

Please contact Avast! here: https://www.avast.com/en-us/contact-us.php?subject=VIRUS-FILE And they will get back to you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:30:36 PM »
David,  i work for a university, Southern Virginia University.  I need to access our HELPDESK website ... hXXp://spice.svu.edu/helpdesk  ... this is NOT an infected or malicious website.  I *can* access it when I suspend/disable avast but NOT when avast shields are UP.   so is there a way to tell AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 2015 to *ignore* and NOT block this address?   Thanks

Please modify your URL link (as I have done in the quote) to prevent access to a 'suspect' URL to avoid accidental exposure until this is resolved.

How is avast blocking it, avast alert, etc. post a screenshot of the blocking action if possible or give more details ?
I can access the page, but obviously I can go no further as I don't have any ticket references, etc.

@ Sutieday
The same for you when quoting posts with suspect URLs in them modify the URL.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security