Author Topic: Grimefighter hangs on PC Boot up  (Read 4456 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter hangs on PC Boot up
« on: October 11, 2014, 02:27:02 AM »
Hi All,

Like most other grimefighter users in here it appears I have a problem with my PC when running grimefighter. The software tells me I have about 22 issues it can fix and tells me to reboot the PC. When I do this it goes into the grimefighter boot screen and the PC eventually reaches the part where it is contacting headquarters.

Then it stops. Forever!!

After reading it can take a long time to proceed through this step I left it running from 6am until I got home from work just after 4pm. Turned the screen on hoping to see something but the PC was STILL at the same screen when I left in the morning - nearly 10 hours later!!

Does anyone have any idea of how to make this software work? I was looking for a good AV product as I want to move on from Microsoft Security Essentials and thought Avast had good reviews but after reading about all the troubles this add on software has now I'm really regretting my choice and beginning to look elsewhere for a more reputable product.

Not good enough for a company like this.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Grimefighter hangs on PC Boot up
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:47:26 PM »
Hi and welcome.
Yes as you have noticed there are many 'different' issues with this add on module.
This however is not an essential module of Avast as being an Anti-Virus is the main object.
If it's an Anti Virus program you are seeking then simply use the Custom Install when installing and "uncheck" the STUFF you don't want under the TOOLS Column and you are left with the Anti Virus Shields in tack.
You can also go to Control Panel/ Program/Features choose Avast from your program, Uninstall/Change and then scroll to  "Change" in the install options and you will see the added "Stuff" to uninstall as most is installed by Default.
Simply uncheck GrimeFighter
It is most certainly unfortunate that this module is so buggy but even more troubling is very little information or direction given for the problems posted.
imho  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
I am in SA and have exactly the same problem, but the main problem is I have paid for this its been almost a month now that I am unable to run Grime Fighter.
So please do tell me whats the alternative...refund my money or fix the problem.
I await to hear from you asap as its been almost impossible to get  hold of you guys.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »
Start your own topic and provide details.

REDACTED

Grimefighter incompetence....
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:05:30 PM »
to whom it may concern,=I have been using Avast for many years without any problems but since paying for Grime Fighter....nothing works.
Like most other grimefighter users in here it appears I have a problem with my PC when running grimefighter. The software tells me :
"3 useless programs can be deactivated
10 system settings can be tweaked
824mb can be freed from your hard drive"

then tells me to reboot the PC. When I do this it goes into the grimefighter boot screen and the PC eventually reaches the part where it is contacting headquarters.

Then it stops. Forever!! I have waited up to 12hrs..and nothing happens as its still waiting for HQ!!!

After reading it can take a long time to proceed through this step I left it running from 6am until I got home from work just after 4pm. Turned the screen on hoping to see something but the PC was STILL at the same screen when I left in the morning - nearly 10 hours later!!

I paid for this product in January and its now 11 Feb. Nothing works. I have had it with waiting for a response or for it to be fixed. So I want my money back, because this Grimefighter is not what it seems to be .......

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »
Let me guess....
You don't have version 2015.10.0.2209 installed.