Author Topic: Away to turn off avast cuases issue with a game  (Read 2522 times)

REDACTED

Away to turn off avast cuases issue with a game
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
It seems avast is causing a issue with a  game i play phantasy star online 2 and its seems that it been crashes the game a blue-screen my pc. is there away i can shut it down completely just for when i play this game i've been using avast for some many years and and love it. it be a shame if i would have to change AV software just because of a game.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Away to turn off avast cuases issue with a game
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 05:45:04 PM »
Hello
I'm not a gamer so my input won't help much except to say that 'turning off' your Anti-Virus protection(any one of the 4 shields) while on the internet is not a wise or recommended action.
Hopefully someone with gaming experience and Avast will have some more information/exclusions or the like. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:46:27 PM »
Totally I do agree with you. disabling all shields didn't work and still caused my game to crash. the only way was for me to uninstall avast complete. its got the basic windows stuff but we all know that's  basic very basic rather use avast free. hopefully a soultion comes along or a update that will no longer interfere with my game and i can continue using avast and my gaming. 

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 12:32:22 PM »
What do you call the "basic windows stuff"?

Gordon.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »
windows defender but I'm using security essentials for now. i also use malwarebytes scanner too for malware