Author Topic: Cancellation of Service  (Read 3832 times)

REDACTED

Cancellation of Service
« on: February 08, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »
I previously bought a bronze package for 3 computers, but I am not renewing. I originally bought the package because I could not get rid of the Trovi and Conduit brower highjackers. AVAST did remove them (but did not prevent them from coming back). Now, as part of my PAID subscription, SafePrice browser highjacker has been installed. The only way I can get rid of it is remove AVAST completely, which I am happy to do. And, of course I will not be paying again so that you can add unwanted extensions to my browser. Stopping that invasion was the reason I looked at your product in the first place. CUT IT OUT!!!!  SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS SOME RESPECT!!!!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Cancellation of Service
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 09:02:01 PM »
I previously bought a bronze package for 3 computers
There is no such thing. There are only licenses.
Now, as part of my PAID subscription, SafePrice browser highjacker has been installed.
Totally wrong! SafePrice is not malware at all. It is just a option that avast is offering you and you have the choice to install it or not. If you have installed it and decided you don't want it, just remove it.
The only way I can get rid of it is remove AVAST completely
Totally wrong again! It is just a module that you can install/remove without having to remove avast completely. Control panel > software > avast > change
And, of course I will not be paying again so that you can add unwanted extensions to my browser.
avast didn't do that. It was your own choice to install it. You could have chosen not to install it.
CUT IT OUT!!!!  SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS SOME RESPECT!!!!!
avast is showing the users a lot of respect, but as I said.. It was your own choice to install it. I strongly suggest next time you are trying to install something to use the custom install and read/do research before installing and not simply download something and just click next.. next... during a installation.
but did not prevent them from coming back
If they came back it is you as user that did not setup the security correctly.

REDACTED

Cancellation of Service
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:45:35 AM »
I would like to cancel the subscription or whatever it is I have. I have changed providers. Please advise. Thank you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:09:28 AM »
I would like to cancel the subscription or whatever it is I have. I have changed providers. Please advise. Thank you.
Submit a ticket: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline alex387

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 05:51:26 PM »
EDDY - seriously?? You must be naive or an Avast employee.

Although I am sure there are some ways to not install SafePrice, I just found it on my PC and do not recall giving consent to add a BHO to my browsers. What really bothered me the most was that it only offers you to disable it for 24hrs and that to remove it completely I had to "manage add ons" or remove the extension depending what browser I was dealing with. I am not sure how that cr@pware even falls in the antivirus category... why is it even part of Avast?? I have Avast Premier and expect it to be free of adware, BHOs, or anything geared commercially (steer business to some place). I will cancel my subscription as well if they do not add way easier ways to disable this cr@pware and make it more obvious they are installing unnecessary junk that doesn't actually protect you from anything.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »
@alex387

Did you use the Custom Option of your Avast Installation.
With the Custom installation you are given/shown all options that can be installed with the Anti Virus Shields
You could read here:  https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB96#artTitle
Some of the information may help. :)