Author Topic: any plans for Avast on Linux workstations?  (Read 14375 times)

REDACTED

any plans for Avast on Linux workstations?
« on: February 09, 2015, 11:43:02 PM »
If devs want to check my account, you'll see this email address has been a free-or-paid Avast user since 2008.  I recently made the switch to Linux (Debian/Ubuntu/LinuxMint 17.1), and I'm disappointed that only a server version appears to be available.  (I tried, but I couldn't get your repository added to my software sources.  It kept complaining that it couldn't find the public key so it couldn't verify the signature.)

I'm willing to be a paid customer for the full Avast experience.  I find that I now want EasyPass and maybe VPN too.  Considering the many thousands (or tens of thousands) of hits to topics in this forum, there seems to be an audience for a full-fledged product.  As more games becomes available for Linux (witness Steam and GOG success with Linux distros), more home users will be making the switch.  It was the games availability that convinced me to finally do it, and I can't be the only one.

I've used Avast for at least 6 years.  I feel sad that I may have to leave it behind now.  Please, when you decide that you're serious about Linux support for the home user, let us know by mentioning Linux on your frontpage for your list of products.  I'll keep watching.  I guess I'm stucking finding other solutions meanwhile, but I like Avast and am willing to come back when you have a Linux product.  Thanks for all the work that you do.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: any plans for Avast on Linux workstations?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »
There are no plans for any Linux desktop products at the moment, sorry.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:40:03 PM »
I would not have problems to use a free (or moderately priced) server product on a desktop

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 07:34:21 PM »
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10