Author Topic: False Positive - DrvLangChg.exe ???  (Read 4325 times)

REDACTED

False Positive - DrvLangChg.exe ???
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:04:50 PM »
For the past few scans all of the sudden every PC with a brother printer installed on it is popping up with DrvLangChg.exe as a Win32:Malware-gen, all of these computers are clean and having no issues, any thoughts? I am assuming it is a false positive and have reported it as such, how long does it normally take for a patch to come through so this stops getting flagged?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: False Positive - DrvLangChg.exe ???
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »
Depends how busy it is, many times already in the first coming streaming update.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »
For the past few scans all of the sudden every PC with a brother printer installed on it is popping up with DrvLangChg.exe as a Win32:Malware-gen, all of these computers are clean and having no issues, any thoughts? I am assuming it is a false positive and have reported it as such, how long does it normally take for a patch to come through so this stops getting flagged?

Hello

Submit file immediately to support ticket

https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/100/&cls04&ptf08&lic04&scr05

Compressed file in format ZIP or RAR and mark the dialog box false positive file.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 03:44:39 PM »

Hello

Submit file immediately to support ticket

https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/100/&cls04&ptf08&lic04&scr05

Compressed file in format ZIP or RAR and mark the dialog box false positive file.

Just submitted.

Thanks!