Author Topic: workstations freezing up after installing Avast Premium Business Security  (Read 1729 times)

REDACTED

Anyone have issues with workstations on their network locking up/freezing after pushing out Avast Premium Business Security. I have about 20 machines out of 170 that are having issues. All my workstations are running Win7 Pro, with a minimum of 4 Gig Ram and quadcore processors so I know they all meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Users are just having major issues with their machines freezing up and forcing them to do hard restarts.  Just curious to know if anyone else has experienced any issues like this, and if so what was the resolution. I was going to do the installs tonight on my Win2008R2 servers remotely when I do some work on my firewall & VPN, I don't really feel like driving back into the office later tonight if there's going to be more issues with this. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.  :-\ :-\

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: workstations freezing up after installing Avast Premium Business Security
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:01 AM »
Is there another av installed (or was there) on the workstations ?
What OS/SP are they running on ?

REDACTED

Re: workstations freezing up after installing Avast Premium Business Security
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:58 PM »
Is it possible to send a client log or even better an image to enterprise-support@avast.com and possibly list of applications that are also running.

For Win Vista/7/Win 2008 - C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\Logs.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation.