Author Topic: Will the license auto renew or do I have to deploy it?  (Read 6135 times)

REDACTED

Will the license auto renew or do I have to deploy it?
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:22 PM »
I updated my license file on the server, I was just wondering if I needed to do anything to deploy it to the client.  Right now the clients say that the license is going to expire.  Will it activate once the license is expired?  If not, how can I push it out?  Any help is welcomed.  Thank you. 

REDACTED

Re: Will the license auto renew or do I have to deploy it?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
Once the license is inserted into the console, clients will get the updated license automagically.  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:12 AM »
Our organization is licensed for Avast! Endpoint Protection Suite. We are having trouble with the Avast Client Agent (version 8.0.1603). The Agent is reporting that the Subscription Status is in "Trial Mode". It seems to be that the Avast! Enterprise Administration Console/ Server (Build: 8.0.367) is not passing on the licensing information to the client machines. When the software was first installed all of the licensing was working fine. I have verified an Administrator's access rights or client machines. Deployment and all other tasks within the EAC seem to be working fine. Licensing is the only feature that is not working properly. The only service that is stopped is the SQL Server Agent (AVAST).  According to what I've read on the forums this is acceptable.  I’ve followed this article “https://forum.avast.com/?topic=145825.msg1059669#msg1059669” on the forum without success.  I am looking into other areas to help solve this problem.  I’d appreciate any assistance you could provide.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »
Any fixes for this yet? are we going to have to purchase support to get this resolved?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 07:15:14 PM »
We've been battling the license problems in my school district as well. The only fix I have to offer is manually inserting your license file to the computers having the problem. MOST of our machines do get the license file properly, but there are a good number that do not. It's a long process, but the only solution I have found.

On the machine claiming expired license/trial mode:
Open Avast
Click on the Maintenance Tab
Click 'Insert license file'
Locate and select your license file. (We have ours shared from our avast server and just UNC to the path)

It seems short and sweet, but when you have hundreds of machines that wont communicate with your central server it can get a bit tiresome.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:17:33 PM by varriola »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »
Our new license has been updated on the server, but our clients are not getting the deployment like others seem to be having.  Is there a FIX for this yet?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
I have the same issue, but its can be fixed with out opeing avast!  Just copy and paste the license file to a USB or a network share.  Then just open the file, it will ask if you want to insert it.  It still means going to each PC, or at least letting people know where the file is and they can do it.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »
I am preparing a new Avast deployment so I'm looking over the forums for potential setup issues.

For this issue, has anyone tried to see if there are command line options for the program? Open a command line in the client executable directory and type "(program) /?" "(program) -help" "(program) --help" and see if anything appears.

It may be possible to install a license on the client from a command line, and if yes, then you can push the license to all machines (working or not) using free mass management tools like PSExec or PDQ Deploy to do it without needing to run around physically to every machine.