Author Topic: Avast stole money on my Visa and won't give it back!  (Read 3814 times)

REDACTED

Avast stole money on my Visa and won't give it back!
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
I have been a paid subscriber for several years. This year Avast charged my credit card twice in January. In January they sent me an advice to update my "year" on my credit card, so I logged in and did that, it then asked me to choose a membership term I choose 2 years Avast charged me $99.00 ok,  but then 5 days later they again charged me again, this time $69.00 I did call someone at Avast and they said they did not have to give me back my money because I signed up for a auto renewal, so even thought Avast sent a request to update my Visa card on my subscription expiry date and ask me what term of renewal I wanted, they would automatically charge me again. This is BS, AVAST stole from me!!!!! they say have every right to charge me again. I have put in 8 support tickets, they will not answer me or return my money. They have sent me e-mails saying they "can't help but if I still need assistance put in another support ticket". AVAST you are thieves!  You can not trust Avast with your credit card. I have reported them to Visa. This has been going on for a month. If they ask you to renew your credit card do not do it they will steal from you too!
Donna Kerr
---- removed donna's email - Lukas

Very unhappy member. Avast can kiss my a... in the future.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:06:51 PM by lukas.hasik »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast stole money on my Visa and won't give it back!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 07:14:41 PM »
Submitting multiple tickets can actually slow the process as the tickets are dealt with in a first in first out basis. So for now don't update or submit further tickets - refunds can take up to ten working days to be handled.

You can however use the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles to contact Sales.

Put as much information in that as possible - Support ticket ID number (as you have here), receipt/payment number, email, etc. A link to this topic wouldn't hurt.

I would suggest that you remove your email from your post on a publicly available forum - unless you aren't averse to spam.

In the meantime I will try to attract some attention to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 07:18:58 PM »
Hi
Maybe I can help some.
Firstly I suggest you remove your email address as Spammers can pick it up.

Unfortunately, your situation is frustrating but submitting multiple tickets only makes the process longer.

Given your situation, I'm sure someone from Avast Team can follow up from here
You can post your Ticket # in your next post. The information you provided, I can't see any problem getting a refund for the added charge, however it could take several days.
Lets see if this can be resolved promptly, :)

Also, phone support apparently doesn't handle 'Refunds'

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »
@donnakrrr - we are sorry about this issue. It seems that whoever offered you the new license forgot to turn off the auto renewal feature of your subscription. I apologize for such horrible mistake. You've been contacted in the ticket that we received at support.avast.com from you.

thank you
Quality is also a feature.