Author Topic: Deploying through a GPO  (Read 8686 times)

REDACTED

Deploying through a GPO
« on: February 15, 2015, 03:25:26 PM »
Hi there,

I'm currently trialing the Avast for Business (cloud) product in a small part of our organisation, the one thing I believe holding this back is the lack of an .msi installation package that would allow the software to be deployed via a GPO. For any business scenario I would say the availability of an .msi installation package is essential.

I've tried to create an .msi file from the .exe available, and have tried a number of switches (/sp /silent /nostatus) - however have yet to find a solution that can be deployed via a GPO yet.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Ideally if Avast could provide the .msi it would save a lot of work.

Many thanks

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Deploying through a GPO
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 04:15:49 PM »
The Primary target for the product is Small Business where deployment through GPO is not an issue. If you need unattended Deployment look at the Avast Endpoint Protection Line (Contact your Local Reseller: https://www.avast.com/en-us/locate-dealer)

However, I have heard that there will be more deployment options in future releases of Avast for Business so stay tuned.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »
Hi Martin,

As MAC mentioned we are working on more deployment options one of which includes the ability to download an MSI package. I have heard of some using a startup script to deploy the .exe
I'm not the best at scripting ,but if you would like I"ll check with the devs for switches that can be used for silent install and see if I can come up with a script that can be used with the .exe

Thanks!

Jeff

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:36:20 PM »
Thanks Jeff,

We have a workaround in place at the moment which uses AutoIT to deploy across a number of PCs.  It's not the nicest solution but got us there  :)

An MSI package would be beneficial though if we were to deploy throughout the organisation.

Many thanks

Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:47 PM »
I've been using PDQ Deploy with the silent installer I downloaded from the Portal.