Author Topic: AIS firewall issue with Microsoft Games (Jigsaw,Sudoku) under Win 8.1 64 bit?  (Read 1618 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

I'm sharing this issue with Microsoft Games Studio and I've got some suspect about AIS firewall. I've got several MS Games installed in Modern UI (Sudoku, Jigsaw, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, Snap Attack). Since a few months these games can't access the XBOX Account associated with my Windows Microsoft account. The account is accessible from the web without any issue. Microsoft gave a full list of operation to try to fix this problem (starting from a reset to the Windows app Store under Modern UI to unistalling and installing again all these games).
But I'm still experiencing this issue and, while waiting more to come, I was wondering if could be releated to the Avast Firewall in AIS 2015.10.0.2208. As you may imagine, disabling the firewall still doesn't solve the problem. Should I try to uninstall AIS as an ultimate check? I'm asking this because I know that games based on XBOX accounts under Windows use some special ports to communicate with XBOX game server to operate their transaction (store badges, save game etc). I suppose they use UPnP to open ports and my router has UPnP enabled...and also these problem rised a few months ago....before I had AIS installed, same configuration, same router and no issue at all. Could be some firewall rules revised or an issue with the low level firewall driver?
I appreciate if some of you could do a test under win 8.1 with AIS installed downloading any of these games under MODERN UI. I really don't want at the moment to uninstall AVAST to see if it is its own issue.
Thanks a lot :)