Author Topic: Grimefighter Woes!!!  (Read 3416 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter Woes!!!
« on: February 19, 2015, 01:01:37 AM »
Hi,

Like many others on the Avast Support Forum have been saying, Grimefighter locks my computer. Called support and the Avast Support person basically said that they almost never have problems with GrimeFighter and  told me it has to be something wrong with my computer. He indicated that if I paid $179 for support they could fix it. I can't believe that this is the way customers are treated and it's not just me. I really wanted this product to work but if it just doesn't I don't know why I should have to submit a trouble ticket and wait 7-10 days. Avast took my money instantly and then didn't deliver! Can you guys at Avast do better??????

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Grimefighter Woes!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 01:18:34 AM »
See if the latest version is working for you:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=166172.0

And has been explained 100's of times...
The phone support is NOT avast, it is a third party and they are really doing a bad job.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:50:12 AM »
Called support and the Avast Support person basically said that they almost never have problems with GrimeFighter and  told me it has to be something wrong with my computer. He indicated that if I paid $179 for support they could fix it. I can't believe that this is the way customers are treated and it's not just me.
Report your experience to Vojta Nekvapil: nekvapil[at]avast.com (3rd Party Support Manager)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:01 AM »
I purchased GrimeFighter yesterday.  It would not ever run on my computer.  I too would get to the locked point where it was Sedating My System....and froze right before the end and then "reported to headquarters" or whatever message that is.

I came on here and read some pretty disturbing things on the thread.

I followed your advice and uninstalled Avast! (using the Avast clear) software) and went back and downloaded and installed the latest version of 2015 Free! using the link on these threads.  No difficulties with the installation.

NOW, though, I do not see any way to access GrimeFighter whatsoever.  On my Scan screen, there is no "Scan for performance issues."  It is not listed under "Tools" or "Store."  When I go online I have a valid Grimefighter license.

Any advice?  I would call technical support but the feedback on here is they aren't very helpful & I usually prefer to do simple things myself.  Should I submit a ticket?  Ask for a refund?  I am not happy with the product thus far at all..

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:21:30 AM »
control panel > software > avast > change
Make sure GrimeFighter is ticket.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 09:06:56 PM »
Yay!  I was able to get it all to work correctly today! 

I had to update the latest version today 2015.10.2.2211, restart the computer several times, but then it successfully ran through the entire GrimeFighter sequence and I have had no problems!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:12:22 PM »
Always good to hear a problem is solved.
Thanks for letting us know.
Now keep your system clean and safe ;)