Author Topic: Exchange Agent install on Exchange server  (Read 5100 times)

REDACTED

Exchange Agent install on Exchange server
« on: March 03, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »
Hi,
  I created a new package Avast Endpoint! Protection with the server agents for Exchange and I can't see where to access it once installed on the server.  Does our licence include Exchange shield for Exchange ?

Thanks,
Alexandre.

Offline Chad-bisd

• Hopeful, yet discontent
    • Beckville ISD
Re: Exchange Agent install on Exchange server
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »
I think you configure it when you create a new subgroup under your Computer Catalog.  There is a section there in the Properties for the new group where you configure anything that is different from your top level settings, including Exchange Shield settings.  I do not see an interface for the Exchange Shield on my clients, but I do not have that shield enabled for any of my sub-groups (we do not use Exchange.)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:16:41 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I did in the console.  I also created a new package for exchange with the server agents for exchange checked.  I built this package, removed Avast from my exchange server and installed the new package.

So Exchange server shield is activated in the console and in the package, but I don't see it anywhere when I open Avast Endpoint Protection Suite on the server.  I was hoping to see something in the security / antivirus section along with the other shields... or be able to scan my exchange database manually.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
Doesn't seem to do anything...  I just tested with eicar and all viruses go trough exchange server.

Anyone installed a shield for Exchange server with our edu licence ?

Thanks,
Alexandre.

Offline Chad-bisd

• Hopeful, yet discontent
    • Beckville ISD
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 03:29:45 PM »
You may want to reach out to the SpiceWorks community and see if they have experience with this.  The USA Education Products forum doesn't receive much attention here unfortunately.

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:41:29 PM »
First of all you need to verify that your license is for avast! Endpoint Protection Suite Plus (EPSP).

If you have EPSP, then please check if the Shield is actually running by opening avast! UI > SECURITY > ANTIVIRUS > Exchange Shield.

If it is running, please let us know what eicar test virus have you sent? If it is the TXT file, then Avast will not scan it by default.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
You're right, I contacted Avast Edu and they told me that it's not part of EDUCATION licencing.

I need to buy Email Sever Security our upgrade my current licence.

I post it here as information.  Thanks for your help.