Author Topic: Need Help Please  (Read 2701 times)

krayster

Need Help Please
« on: September 29, 2005, 04:47:40 AM »
Well Can Any One Help Me.

I have a virus which dont know what it is called or where it came from. ???

It is a virus which when i play movies or listen to music  in Winamp and windows media,

i get small lines come on to the screen like a centermeter long, it starts with one then

breeds in to many. when i close the program they go away and then when open again

and start to play a film or music they come back again.

please can somebody help me or advise me.

yours faithfully

The Kray

or just Chris

FastGame

Re: Need Help Please
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 05:13:32 AM »
I won't say you don't have a virus, but I will say I don't think this problem is virus related.

Can you post a link to a screen shot of this problem.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Need Help Please
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 04:47:30 PM »
Please Help us to Help you In order to help fully we need more information....
- What OS are you using? is it up to date?
- What version of WinAmp, is it up to date?
- What avast! version and VPS file (virus database) number, e.g. 0436-4 (see about avast!)

If it were a recognised virus that would have hopefully been detected by avast, but with little information other than a symptom it will be hard to detect.

Also useful as a diagnostic tool - Download HiJackThis.zip - HJT Information HiJackThis Tutorial 1 or HiJackThis Tutorial 2
For an on-line analysis - HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis
Ignore any 023 reference to avast processes, this is a hiccup in the HJT 1.99.1 (especially missing file entry for avast), if you need any help with any of the analysis let us know.
OR HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis 2
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security