Author Topic: can't cancel grimefighter autorenew subscription  (Read 4649 times)

REDACTED

can't cancel grimefighter autorenew subscription
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
I got a notice 4 days ago that the copy of grimefighter I tried out last year was set to autorenew (which is weird because I *NEVER* select autorenew for software if I'm given the option at all). I didn't get much out of the product, so I followed the instructions for disabling the autorenewal. I used the order ID and password and got to the manage subscriptions page just fine, but when I tried to confirm that yes I wanted to disable the autorenew, I got this error:

"Server Error

Error:

We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Error Number:  SIT_000002"

I did receive one email saying that my subscription had been cancelled, which is promising, but the manage subscription page *still* lists me as being on autorenew and *still* gives me that error whenever I try to change it (I tried on multiple browsers too and with add-ons disabled in case one of them was messing with the site). I submitted a ticket on the purchasing support page, but have yet to receive confirmation that it has been received (yes, I checked my junk mail). The card I used also doesn't allow me to cancel preauthorized payments, so I can't fix it from there.

What the hell? How do I know if the subscription has been cancelled or not? I don't want to wait a week to see if the payment goes through and then have to chase down a refund. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: can't cancel grimefighter autorenew subscription
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
Hi!
Which portal did you try? If findmyorder.com, please try https://www.avast.com/find-order
Anyhow, if you received the confirmation email you should be fine :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:32:30 PM »
Yes, I found it through the find order link on the original product purchase confirmation I received from avast. Logging in again, it's still showing my subscription status as "automatic renewal" though now at least the radio button has switched from "on" to "off", so hopefully this is just a website malfunction.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
Hi again!
I checked it and your auto-renewal is currently disabled  ;)
Cheers!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »
Thank you. :)

Offline marber

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 09:07:19 PM »
I have a similar problem. When I go to cancel the auto renewal, I'm told ''Incorrect order number and/or password''.
I would appreciate some help.

If I had the option of selecting or cancelling auto renewal when I purchased GF, I know I wouldn't have allowed auto renewal. I know I cancelled it on the regular Avast.

Thanks.
marber

Offline marber

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 04:29:38 AM »
Thanks to a poster named Sorzy, I managed to cancel my auto renewal to Grime Fighter. Click on the order portal, then, don't just type in the order number and password, but copy and paste them from the email.