Author Topic: Avast Free Addition Restart Now my Computer will not boot up Help !  (Read 3106 times)

REDACTED

I allowed Avast to restart my computer now I cannot get into Windows 8.1. I get to the point where I would normally hit enter and nothing happens it seems as if the keyboard and mouse are not working. I can get into the f2 setup mode where the keyboard and mouse work great but past that nothing. I tried plugging another keyboard in and the USB ports are not working either. I tried to boot into safe mode Windows key and I, I am being told no boot device found. All of my  college work and boots are stored on this computer. Please tell me there is a fix?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Free Addition Restart Now my Computer will not boot up Help !
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Scroll down to "If you cannot  Boot the computer" and follow the instructions.

So your documents and so are on that system....
Where is your backup ?
You will loose everything if the drive breaks down, the house burns down etc.
ALWAYS have a recent backup of data !

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Avast Free Addition Restart Now my Computer will not boot up Help !
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
Please see this FAQ https://www.avast.com/en-gb/faq.php?article=AVKB37#artTitle

A synopsis but there are step by step instructions on that page with screenshots
Troubleshooting unresponsive keyboard - Quick steps

Follow these troubleshooting steps:
1.Log on to Windows as Administrator, or as a user with administrator permissions, using the On-Screen Keyboard available in the Sign-in/Welcome screen.

2.Use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter regedit in the Search field. When search results appear, open Registry Editor.

3.Select Edit → Find... → enter  aswKbd  using the On-Screen Keyboard and click Find Next.

4.Delete the value  aswKbd  from the Value data field of each UpperFilters entry found in the Windows registry, while keeping other values intact.

5.Reboot your computer. Your keyboard should work again.