Author Topic: POP emails are being blocked Sending and Receiving  (Read 10886 times)

REDACTED

Re: POP emails are being blocked Sending and Receiving
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
The emails stopped again so I ran the scan you suggested. I have attached the log

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
If it is intermittent then I would gravitate towards it being an ISP problem

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »
I agree about an ISP issue. I did talk to Comcast, and of course they said it wasn't them. It seems to be back to normal? I have the shield turned on and I'm getting emails like I should! Thanks for all your help

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 08:20:44 AM »
Keep in mind that almost all ISP's "help lines" are just call centers where people are working that only know how to pick up a phone ;)

If the caller mention this, you ask that.
If the caller mention that, you ask this.

Ask them something that they don't have on their list and you will hear...
Uh, oh, uh, moment... I have to ask a colleague about that.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 03:47:14 PM »
It's back again. There must be something wrong with my computer. I've also ran a disk check and used CCleaner on the registry, still happening. Twice now, this time the second time was within hours. I rebooted a few times, working for now.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 04:50:22 PM »
Did you try a "repair" in your MS Outlook client program?

Go to File > Account Settings > Repair, for each of your email account(s) and see if that might help.

ADDENDUM: That said, my gut tells me it is your ISP so this may not be of help.  If your sure you've got your incoming and outgoing servers set according to your ISP specifications have you tried unticking "outgoing mail requires authentication" in the chance this might help (typically authentication should be enabled for outgoing mail so I'm assuming this is how you've initially got it set, but by trying there is an outside chance this might help)?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:26:29 PM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »
If nothing is helping and you've made sure that all of your email account parameters are set to what they should be according to what is required by your ISP and after trying the "Repair" option in your MS Outlook client program ("File" > "Account Settings" > "Repair" for each account in Outlook) and you still get errors then you could try the following (I'm not sure if this will help but it is a relatively benign application of this utility so it's worth a try):

Open the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator Utility  (click on link for details on this utility).

Click on the “Connections” icon on the left side of the navigational panel for the server you want to administer.

Double click on the “Internet Mail Service” icon on the right side of the panel to open up the “Properties” window.

Again, select the “Connections” tab from the properties window and click on the “Advanced” option.

This will open up a configuration window on your screen.

Now by choosing the “Maximum no. of inbound connections” option, you can set the same to a higher number than what is already available. Keep resetting the numbers higher than the first until you find that the errors are resolved.

At the point errors are resolved then you can close all open Exchange Server Administrator program windows to complete the process.

Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 06:38:45 PM »
With the fact in mind that this error your getting is usually due to an improper setting in the account parameters for outgoing mail which is why I've been persistent regarding your making sure you've exhausted all possibilities with your ISP in order to solve this, you could look into possible PST related file corruption (not sure if this issue would actually even cause the error your getting however).

So if after you've made certain beyond any doubt that ALL of your email account parameter settings applied to each separate account are what are required by your ISP (especially outgoing mail) you could look into this: Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) as a possible solution.

Optionally you could look into this FREE software that does it all automatically: Repair Outlook PST Files with ScanPST.exe

Note: I personally continue to suspect an issue exists with your ISP in regards to required settings and I'm not certain the error your getting would even be related to Outlook data file corruption either. More often than not corrupt Outlook data files generally cause Outlook to either crash or not open at all, but considering that if your still getting nowhere with this I'm throwing stuff out there to consider, for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:23:56 PM by lakrsrool »