Author Topic: Can not get a refund on Avast, nor can I get a response from Customer Service.  (Read 5320 times)

REDACTED

I have been trying to get a refund on my purchase of Avast Premier. I have sent 3 emails since February 11 and still have not gotten a response. Worst Customer Service I've dealt with in a long time.
Maybe posting here will get at least a direction as to what to do. I do like the thought of the Better Business Bureau that I read in another post and may just do this if I do not hear from someone in the next few days.
So disappointed with the product, the technical support team and the customer service.
I hope to get a response from someone at Avast.
BStophel

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
You need to create a ticket as has been explained many times on this webboard.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=154831.msg1172746#msg1172746

REDACTED

Perhaps sharing my experience can provide you with that direction. I contacted Avast about a refund for Grimefighter on 12/22/14. I received no response after two weeks and submitted two more tickets (1/6/15 & 1/13/15) - still no response. I followed up with a complaint on 1/21/15 and navigated my way through their phone system in an attempt to speak with anyone who could provide any information. An Avast associate named Andrew advised me to continue waiting. He explained that refunds were handled by Avast headquarters in Prague and that nothing could be done about it. When I asked for contact information for the Prague offices, he tried to dissuade me from pursuing the matter any further, on account of the language barrier and the cost of phone calls to Europe.

It was at that point that I contacted the Better Business Bureau - specifically the San Mateo office (where Avast is located in the US.) I filed a detailed complaint with them on 1/23/15. By the following week, I finally received a response from Avast and the refund was processed.

How much of a hand the BBB had in this matter, I don't know; it certainly can't hurt to involve them. I'm sure you've looked through these forums and seen how many customers have encountered the same problem that we have. Perhaps enough complaints to the BBB will encourage them to take this matter up with Avast and force some positive changes, like more responsive customer service.

On a side note to any moderators that would like to weigh in: I am aware that you provide valuable advice on how to better navigate  the refund process in these forums, but they are not always the first place dissatisfied customers look. If that information was available on the Avast website when I was filing my support ticket, I could've avoided having my ticket bumped to the back of the line every time I submitted a new one. I feel that clearer communication at the support-ticket-submitting step of the process could potentially reduce the amount of times that you have to re-explain the refund procedure here on these web boards.

Hope that helps.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The people offering advice/help are for the most part avast users not avast employees - they also try to attract attention to outstanding issues.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
navigated my way through their phone system in an attempt to speak with anyone who could provide any information. An Avast associate named Andrew advised me to continue waiting. He explained that refunds were handled by Avast headquarters in Prague and that nothing could be done about it.
That was not someone from avast but from a third company as has been explained dozens of times already.
When I asked for contact information for the Prague offices
The contact information is very clearly mentioned on the avast website. A simple look in a Tsjechië phonebook (either offline or online) would also have given you the information.
I contacted Avast about a refund for Grimefighter on 12/22/14. I received no response after two weeks and submitted two more tickets (1/6/15 & 1/13/15) - still no response
As has being told over and over again, avast is trying to handle things within 10 business days. And as also have being told over and over again, submitting a new ticket/changing a existing one will put you back to the bottom of the stack.

REDACTED

Thanks, Sarge.

REDACTED

I have submitted 3 TICKETS Eddy, not just emails or phone calls.
This company is the worst and I will call the BBB today.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
I have submitted 3 TICKETS
And each time you submit a ticket you are put back to the bottom of the stack making you to have wait longer.

Offline Scottie1

Installed GrimeFighter but with having a USB internet connection, it couldn't work. Asked for a refund last week and got it today. Don't insist and they'll reply. For me great service and will certainly keep on using their other products with which I've had no problem. For me it's thumbs up. Thanks Avast team. :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Yup, with some patience you can come a long way :D
Just curious Scottie, did you tried the 2015 RC1 or another version ?