Author Topic: Donating to awil  (Read 8141 times)

darkparrot

Donating to awil
« on: September 26, 2005, 04:59:08 AM »
Since ordering avast wont allow paypal orders is there a way I can just donate. I feel that this is a great prog and it deserves my $$. Though since I cant go pro, I just would like to donate if possible.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Re: Donating to awil
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 05:43:20 AM »
Since ordering avast wont allow paypal orders is there a way I can just donate. I feel that this is a great prog and it deserves my $$. Though since I cant go pro, I just would like to donate if possible.

Darkparrot I have been asking about donating too in past to help and support Avast, since I couldn't go to Pro because I couldn't fit the budget.

Avast has truly done a great job to all their hard working product and this support forum too, I can't remember how many years back since I was told by Vlk there no need to donate if I can remember correctly.

Avast has been collecting money for others Avast product on the market from their great customers or clients to help their business to grow from many countries all over the world, I don't believe Avast wanted to plan a Donating at the moment you can always ask again.

I like to donate too. :)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 07:33:45 AM »
Why not order something from the shop?
And if you want to get the pro version, look for a reseller nearby.
The list is on Avast's website.

darkparrot

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »
I would love to order things from the shop but I cannot use paypal, and I refuse to get a credit card :/ The closest reseller is three states away, so that is not an option either.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:02:32 PM »
I agree they should add Paypal or something else to the payment options.
Me too get a little sick of all those online stores that wants a visa-card or simulair.
Creditcards are used much in the USA.
In Europe they are (almost) only used by people who have a lot of money, not by the common workman.
Companies are forgetting about that.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 02:51:57 PM »
It would be good if Alwil could accept eletronic banking transfers beside the normal credicard payments/donations.
But, like they always say, the forum help is our way of contributing  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 02:59:46 PM »
There are many freeware software companies that accept paypal donations if you find the software good and useful. I find avast! both excellent and very useful and would happily make a donation.

There was a time when it was considered having an avast version for home use that included some or all of the pro functions at a reduced price. I wonder what happened to that idea?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

timcan

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:35:22 AM »
I would love to order things from the shop but I cannot use paypal, and I refuse to get a credit card :/ The closest reseller is three states away, so that is not an option either.
Why not use checking account debit card? It works like a credit card .

darkparrot

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 02:42:18 AM »

The problem with that is if you accidently overdraw it gets put on credit, then you end up with a credit card :/

timcan

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 04:12:34 AM »

The problem with that is if you accidently overdraw it gets put on credit, then you end up with a credit card :/
darkparrot, I'm not arguing or anything but my debit card draws against the money in my checking account.If there isn't enough money then no authourizing of sale. :)

niko

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 09:32:01 PM »
To help Avast! company you can do what I'm doing each days with my own customers:
"Avast! is the best AV: if you want to secure your computers you have to try it. If you try it, you'll never choose an another AV!"

ps: I've bought two Avast! mugs ('cause I couldn't stand my old one anymore ;D)...and if you don't like mugs you can buy another thing ;)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 01:39:01 PM »
Niko
Did you get one of these to?
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 02:43:57 PM »
Or these ones:

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

roro

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 09:35:21 AM »
I definitely want one of those mugs. ;D ;D