Author Topic: Mobile Backup  (Read 20213 times)

Jherviiin

Mobile Backup
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:21:19 AM »
Hi, I cant seems to back up my contacts using Avast mobile BackUp. I've removed all that was been backed up so that I can back up fresh but when I back up my contacts again on my phone the Contacts/Pictures option says 100% backed up but when I check Browse backups. No backups found. I've re-run the back up but still it wont backup the contacts. Hope you can assist. Thanks.

REDACTED

Mobile Backup and contacts list
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »
Problem with extreem long contacts list, generated by bug???
List is growing by itselve?
Had received a link as respond to my question (from Avast Überevangelist - see below) but realy tells me nothing where to look for the problem... or how to solve it (if I am doing something wrong)
See original question below ==>

I also installed Avasnt Mobile Back-up...

It seems to back-up too much??? or without checking some things???

Problem = I have about 200 contacts to back-up, but...
After a few weeks, I see now about 4400 contacts in the list...
Looks like every day, the same contacts are added again...
So they are all the same, copied several times again...
This is realy not normal, see screenshot I added here.

Thanks for solving the problem, or giving a hint to prevent that   :o

Offline Asyn

Avast Überevangelist
    Maybe Bot
        >>> Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich <<<

Re: FAQ for avast! Mobile Security
« Reply #56 on: Today at 11:59:14 AM »
Quote from: b111.g222 on Today at 11:34:06 AM

I also installed Avasnt Mobile Back-up...

-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=60.0

REDACTED

Re: Mobile Backup
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
Sorry, I am not sure to understand what you mean. You can do full backup (items will be duplicated) or incremental (only new and changed items will be backed up).

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 02:09:54 AM »
What I mean is that when having only "200 contacts" in reality... as listed in phone"s sim-card...
Why (after a few weeks of installed backup) the backup-list is adding the same contacts over and over again, so this backup-list is now showing a few thousand contacts, but they are alle the same ones which are copied over and over again... so stupid!!!
==> See screenshot in question.

What wil happen than when one time this extreme long backup should be used to reinstall???
Placing thousands of contacts in one simcard??? = imposible.
Probably the backup is useless then, so what is the point of installing then, when its not working?

Actual point is, when using any "backup"-software, it should be relaiable, and working correctly, otherwise this is some false feeling of safety, and only waste of time and efforts.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 09:06:30 AM »
Well, there is no much users using SIM card as a storage, but you are right in this point. We will solve it asap. Thank you for the report.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »
OK, thanks for watching the problem of multiple SIM-backup-cumulation...

As you said "there is no much users using SIM card as a storage"... this looks strange (and stupid?) to me... but could be wrong ;-)
Personaly, I'm not using the phone's memory as storage for anything ( only contacts to SIM and other data to external micro-SDHC )
Looks more safe, as switching the cards to any other phone is posible... regardless of the operating system.

When storing your contacts to SIM-card... then the phone may be broken, or completely destroyed... but simply putting the old SIM in an other (even old type) phone, gives you the posibility to call/SMS all your contacts imidiatly again.
If people store only in the phone itself... then probably everything gets lost... so backupsystems (like avast) needed :-)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:14:37 PM by b111.g222 »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »
Well, many of users are storing and syncing contacts from Google accounts. Anyway, do not know the exact date of new backup..

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 03:27:30 PM »
b111.g222  Sounds like you are doing a full backup (items will be duplicated)very time. Change it to incremental (only new and changed items will be backed up) and it should solve the issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »
Change it to incremental??? ... looks logic, but "Where" can I change that?
Can I find this option somewhere on the phones app? or on avast or google drive website???
I can't find this option, so where to select that would be nice to know, so I can try this out.

Thanks