Author Topic: Are the backups incremental??  (Read 3997 times)

REDACTED

Are the backups incremental??
« on: February 25, 2015, 03:29:58 AM »
New user of Avast Mobile Backup (android). Are these backups incremental or are they going to suck my data plan (I wish for the backup to happen even without Wifi)?
Does Anyone know?

REDACTED

Re: Are the backups incremental??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »
It is incremental.

REDACTED

Re: Are the backups incremental??
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:58:10 AM »
Please read also this post "https://forum.avast.com/?topic=135874.0"

Concerning backup generating an extreem long contacts list... all the same ... over and over again, so... my conclusion is that this is realy NOT incremental!... certainly not for the contacts list... ( or where is the setting? )

Problem = I have about 200 contacts to back-up, but...
After a few weeks, I see now about 4400 contacts in the list...
Looks like every day, the same contacts are added again...
So they are all the same, copied several times again...
This is realy not normal.

Last week I removed the whole contact list, but now The same thing is starting all over again.
All contacts in my sim-card are added again, even that they are already (several times) in the list.
The contacts list is growing day by day, every time with the same contacts added... why?

I posted this problem already on "November 25, 2014, 04:31:43 PM ยป" but it has not been repaired... after 5 months.
No correction or sollution has been given...

Only the following from "Avast team - Mr svehlak " who said on "January 02, 2015, 09:06:30 AM" the following ==>
Well, there is no much users using SIM card as a storage, but you are right in this point. We will solve it asap. Thank you for the report.

4 months later no solution nor extra information about this.
Can someone help with this if there is already (or not yet) a solution?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:03:29 AM by b111.g222 »