Author Topic: My devices are not listed  (Read 14489 times)

ernrosto@gmail.com

My devices are not listed
« on: February 25, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »
Hello,

I added three devices, my Mac, my PC and my smartphone, downloading and installing the software but in the "device" area I still seeing "Add first device". What have I to do for list my devices?

Thank you and regards.

Mario

jmesser@trail-gear.com

Re: My devices are not listed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
similar issue. i added 2 devices yesterday and they both show up. i added 2 more PCs and a server this morning and I get the list with 2 that say "unknown" and i cant do anything to those..clicking just pops up an empty bar at the bottom of the screen. and one device doesn't even show up.  finally, one of the devices i added yesterday still says "activating" and only some of the features are turned on for that device.  so far i am not super impressed with this product... [edit] perhaps i am just impatient. i now see 3 of the devices activated (including the one that was stuck from yesterday) although i still have one unknown and one that doesn't show in the list...yet...

oh...additionally, when i open the avast panel on any device...i see a message saying there is an update available. that I am on version 2015.10.0.2504, and version 2015.10.1.2504 is available. when i click update, it looks like it starts to download some files and then pops back and tells me I am already on the current version of 2015.10.0.2504.
[edit] this appears to be a typo. both versions claim to have the same release date and time. I am guessing someone typo'd the version number when setting up the update message.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:46:26 PM by Jonmesser33 »

sigmon@avast.com

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:58:57 AM »
Hi Guys,

We released a new version of the portal this morning and had some communication issues. From what I can tell it looks like most of those issues are resolved at this time.
If you are still having issues, use the support link in the portal to submit a ticket and we will take a look at the accounts on an individual basis.

Thanks!

Jeff

davidp@xmpie.com

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 07:19:20 AM »
Hello Jeff,
I have exactly the same problem right now with 4 of my devices... And also I got  error 0 or error 503 when trying to access my dashboard

sova@avast.com

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »
Hi David511,

I quickly checked your portal and saw 45 active devices. Are there any more you are waiting for? Do you still get the error 0 and 503? All should be fixed since yesterday. Thanks!

jmesser@trail-gear.com

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 06:32:04 PM »
I can confirm that all my devices are showing up now. I know your latest question was not for me, sova, but thought i would confirm that I have no current issues of this kind.

itmanagement@tmapnet.net

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 07:29:51 AM »
I just added 7 devices to test drive the cloud service. I saw all the devices in the portal. I logged off, did some other work and came back an hour later and the portal now looks different and no devices are showing up. Is this a new issue or are other seeing this as well again now?

sigmon@avast.com

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
Hi RJ7,

Make sure you are at business.avast.com and not avast.com/business. If this is not the issue let me know.

Thanks!

Jeff

jmesser@trail-gear.com

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 06:18:24 PM »
I have noticed several times that if I am clicking around the different areas of the portal, when i click the "network" link it will just show a blank page. I have to then click on the dashboard and then go back to the network to make my devices show up. I have seen several issues of similar nature on other pages too. where it just doesnt refresh the data back to default view when you click on the link in the left pane. I have been meaning to spend some time trying to reproduce the issue so i can determine exactly why it happens. its not a major deal, but it *is* a bit annoying.

sigmon@avast.com

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 07:02:31 PM »
Hi Jonmesser33,

Is there a specific browser you are noticing this in ?

Thanks!

Jeff

jmesser@trail-gear.com

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »
I have only been using chrome. I can try others to see if its the same. its not that often and hard to track down whats going on, but i think i just got a little further. I had an alert at the dashboard and clicked to view the at risk machines....from that point on, every time i clicked back on the network/devices view, it would only show filtered by "at risk" even after the risk was removed and nothing was at risk. this would make it appear as though my device list was empty until i noticed it was still filtered by "at risk". this may be by design in the programming, but in my opinion its not logical or productive to keep that filter enabled after the threats are removed.

sigmon@avast.com

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »
HI Jonmesser33,

I know what you are saying about the refresh, but to be honest I'm torn :) If you are looking at a device, then click settings to check something, then back to device you are still at the same device without having to click on it again. Which comes in handy sometimes, but I see your point as well. IF this becomes a huge issue we will look further into it. Let me know if you continue to come up with the blank device listings and I'll do some testing with Chrome myself and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the info!

Jeff

jmesser@trail-gear.com

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »
i completely get what you are saying. the only thing i would say at this point, is that if there  are no machines at risk, clicking the network/devices link in the left panel should reset to "no filters". there have been a few other odd instances where i got an empty list that i dont think had anything to do with filtering. i will try to keep a better eye on what i am doing when that happens. thanks!

oh...i see how the above would still be a problem in the scenario you are talking about....hrm..maybe we can come up with a way to keep this functionality but have an easy way to have a "default" link available also.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:30:55 PM by Jonmesser33 »

jmesser@trail-gear.com

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 08:40:38 PM »
ok i was finally able to reproduce what looks like an actual bug. but very minor.

i was in the tasks view. i clicked on the dashboard, then on notifications. i clicked on an alert notification and then clicked on the link to the machine in that notification. that took me to the devices panel and to the computer in question. then when i clicked on the devices link in the left panel i got an empty list.  clicking the refresh button at the bottom of the list populated it. like i said. very minor.

additional information. simply clicking on the device link in the left pane will not produce this bug. you have to "miss" that link and click on the network link itself...and then click on the device list to make this happen, so its even more minor than before lol. still a bug though! ;)

also you dont have to click through all the things i did. simply clicking on an individual device in the device list, then clicking the word Network in the left pane, then clicking the devices link in the left pane will produce a blank list of devices.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:45:13 PM by Jonmesser33 »

sigmon@avast.com

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »
Hi Jonmesser33,

Thanks for the info, I'll do some test and get this entered in the bug system and update when available.

Thanks!

Jeff