Author Topic: False positive in Gene 6 FTP server  (Read 2841 times)

Erroneus

False positive in Gene 6 FTP server
« on: October 02, 2005, 07:16:22 PM »
Suddenly avast flags my G6FTPServer.exe as Win32:Ircbot-BG [Trj] which is wrong, i scanned it with http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and none of the scanners their found any virus, all though i got the:
 MIGHT BE INFECTED/MALWARE (Sandbox emulation took a long time and/or runtime packers were found, this is suspicious. Normally programs aren't packed and don't force the sandbox into lengthy emulation. Do realize no scanner issued any warning, the file can very well be harmless. Caution is advised, however.) message and Packers detected: PE_PATCH

I re-installed Gene6 and under the installationen, Avast also detected the G6FTPServer.exe from the installation file, which were downloaded from the official Gene6 site  ::)

So a false positive.

Using latest VPS: 0539-4

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: False positive in Gene 6 FTP server
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 07:32:36 PM »
If you are getting a virus warning that you believe is a false positive, then if you can zip and password protect ('virus', will do) the suspect file and send it to virus @ avast.com (no spaces).

Give a brief outline of the problem, the fact that you believe it to be a  false positive and include the password in the body of the email. Some info on the avast version and VPS number (see about avast {right click avast icon}) will also help.

You can add the file path to the exclusions of standard shield (advanced) and the Program Settings (Exclusions), check periodically (scan it) to see if the VPS has been updated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Erroneus

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 07:36:26 PM »
Thanks, will do.

Erroneus

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 12:39:14 AM »
Fixed in latest AVS: 0539-6 :)

Thanks.