Author Topic: Mac support for edu?  (Read 2850 times)

REDACTED

Mac support for edu?
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:29:15 PM »
Is there mac support for edu yet?  I installed the avast server because I know Avast supports Apple clients.  We are a 100% Mac environment.  However my small office administration console will only generate a windows installer.  Is there a managed client I can install on macs?  Is there a way to push a pkg to the macs, for remote installation?  Unfortunately, I cannot go around to hundreds of Macs to install this manually.  So, if there isn't a managed solution for those of us stuck in Apple-land, I have to keep looking.

Thanks,

Jay

Offline Chad-bisd

• Hopeful, yet discontent
    • Beckville ISD
Re: Mac support for edu?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
I can't provide an official answer, but I have not been able to find any information on this being available.  We have over 100 Macs in our district and we have to use the free non-managed version on those.

REDACTED

Re: Mac support for edu?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:55:25 PM »
I can't provide an official answer, but I have not been able to find any information on this being available.  We have over 100 Macs in our district and we have to use the free non-managed version on those.

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of.  I was hopeful that Avast would be able to support our needs, since they were my first choice, but it appears they only really cater to Windows districts, which is an understandable business decision, I guess.  Hopefully AVG will get back to me with an Apple solution that is more reasonable time-wise!