Author Topic: Avast's Aggresive Reminders to Re-Subscribe  (Read 1885 times)

REDACTED

Avast's Aggresive Reminders to Re-Subscribe
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »
The reason I bought a subscription to Avast was because I wanted to be protected from viruses and the like.  Viruses like the type which spam me incessantly with pop-up windows.  Isn't it ironic that as my subscription nears it's end, Avast itself spams me with popup windows every 4 hours?  It doesn't matter what I'm doing or how important my current task may be... a fat window in the middle of my screen appears, "Avast is going away soon!  Hurry up and pay us again!"

This practice needs to stop.  I like your service so I feel obliged to notify you that your constant "reminders" have caused me to seek protection elsewhere.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast's Aggresive Reminders to Re-Subscribe
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:22:40 PM »
The solution is real easy as has been explained many times.
Disable the pop-ups.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:48:52 AM »
1) I don't frequent these boards too often; why would I?
2) This option should be ON the popup window itself.
3) It's common sense that a customer doesn't want popup windows - so why implement them?

Thanks for your response.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:56:59 AM »
If I were you I will pay for my subscription immediately rather than not doing again till the last minute. Or you can simply disable the pop-ups like Eddy mentioned. It's that easy.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:57:30 AM »
1)
You don't have to if you don't want to, but there is a lot of information on this webboard.

2]
Why would it?

3)
The reminder is there for your own protection.
I rather have a pop-up saying my license is about to expire then to find out it has expired and I haven't received any updates.
Or even the protection has stopped all together.
It is common sense to learn about options/settings and such if you want to use software.

If you have the UI open on a certain section, you can click the ? (question mark) to get information.