Author Topic: Anti- theft keeps setting off alarm for no reason  (Read 2485 times)

REDACTED

Anti- theft keeps setting off alarm for no reason
« on: March 01, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »
Hi, I just installed the anti-theft onto my new android phone. An hour later it begins setting off the lost or stolen alarm and starts mass texting my sister who is my emergency contact. I enter my pin and unlock it, everything stops, but the moment I plug in the charger or try to turn my phone off it starts all over again. I went to device manager and deactivated it, then went to applications manager, forced a stop program and uninstalled. It continues to randomly sound the alarm and text my contact

REDACTED

Re: Anti- theft keeps setting off alarm for no reason
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:24:01 AM »
Oh well, I just cut my losses and reset my phone to factory settings. Maybe that will fix it....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:36 AM »
What model/make phone ?
Did you change the sim card ? (or took it out and put it back in?)
What is the status of the phone on https://my.avast.com (stolen?)

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:53:19 AM »
Its called UMX MaxPatriot, with Jellybean 4.1.2
I didnt change the sim or remove it(Tracfone has a tamperproof seal over it) but I did add a 2gb microsd card. So far my avast homepage says everything is fine and prompts me to get the avast antitheft for added security. I restored the phone to factory settings and the problem stopped immediately. Just to be on the safe side I held off on reinstalling it just in case there is something I am doing wrong. I still want the antitheft app.