Author Topic: canceling  (Read 8016 times)

REDACTED

canceling
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:47:16 AM »
How on earth can one cancel their membership with this company?  I want to cancel the auto renewal.  I want to cancel my membership, but the link they sent me to do so, well guess what, it says I do not have the right email address....well I have had the same email address for over 15 years.  I do not like doing business with companies who play these kinds of games.  If I get charged and have to go to my CC to have them cancel it I am contacting the BBB and also the attorney general office where my uncle works. 
This is a very poor way to do business.  I should be able to go in and cancel my auto renewal easily. There is not any reason to do business like this  And another thing, all year I never saw any virus caught, and suddenly a few weeks ago it started stopping virus several times a day.
Give me a break!
Each time I try to contact them, I get nothing, I called and put on hold forever...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: canceling
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:00:40 AM »
Check the  avast find-order - https://avast.com/find-order. Enter your details I believe you should be able to find the information there to cancel auto renewal.

If not try - Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast products https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB126#artTitle.

Disabling Automatic Renewal service for Avast products purchased via Nexway https://www.avast.com/en-us/FAQ/AVKB136. You could also check to see if your Order number can be found at [/url]https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayCustomerServiceOrderSearchPage&SiteID=avast[/ur].
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 03:01:09 AM »
I want to cancel the auto renewal.
That is really easy to do and how to do it has been explained 100's of time already on this webboard.
I do not like doing business with companies who play these kinds of games.
avast is not playing games.
And another thing, all year I never saw any virus caught, and suddenly a few weeks ago it started stopping virus several times a day.
And? Please follow these instructions: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Each time I try to contact them, I get nothing, I called and put on hold forever...
The phone number is not from avast. As has been explained 100's of times. It is a third party that only handles some technical issues and they really are not doing a good job at it. There are many complaints about them. If you want to contact avast, use the ticket system and have patience.

Offline marber

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:36:46 AM »
Thanks to a poster named Sorzy, I managed to cancel my auto renewal to Grime Fighter. Click on the order portal, then, just don't type in the order number and password, but copy and paste them from the email.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 04:50:50 PM »
Thank you for the information on canceling the auto renewal. I do not auto renew anything. There was NOT an option to NOT auto renew when I purchased Grimefighter, and I have to admit it was quite annoying figuring out how to cancel the auto renew. Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:22:06 PM »
You know what?  I'm pissed off and tired of the run around too, so I certainly sympathize with you Taralynn7.   I am an IT professional, and I install Avast Free on hundreds if not thousands of computers.  I subscribed to Avast Secure Line in December 2014, and I have been trying to cancel my subscription since the end of January.  Unfortunately, not only can you NOT do that from your Avast account like you can for ANY OTHER BLOODY SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE FOR ANY OTHER COMPANY, but apparently they aren't willing to talk to you about your issues either, which is why they force you to submit a ticket.  BIG SURPRISE that they won't talk to you because they're pissing off all their customers.  Who wants to talked to pissed off customers?

So, I'll play their game.  Fine.  I'll submit a ticket.  No response.  And here I am being charged AGAIN in March.  Sure, I can go to my order status, and I can even click on Manage Subscription from there, but when I try to log in with my email and password it simply tells me that the email address that THEY sent their Order Renewal notice to is an invalid email address.  Really??  WTF?  Someone needs to pull their head out of their rear end and address customer support needs in a manner that does not give clients the feeling that they're dealing with a less than reputable company.  Otherwise, I am more than happy to switch to AVG or one of the other anti-virus provider companies for myself and all of our clients.  I also like your deal regarding the BBB, etc.  In fact, perhaps we should consider starting a class-action lawsuit.  Send me a message and we can discuss.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
@Jason110, please supply your ticket number so we can attract attention to your issue.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I never received a confirmation email.  It won't even acknowledge my email in your system saying it is an invalid email when I try to change my password.  I'll try and submit another support ticket and will report back.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »
Ticket ID#GPC-379-28721

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 04:51:52 AM »
@Jason, it's been reported so hopefully it gets seen to soon, probably not over the weekend though.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 12:56:40 PM »
I never received a confirmation email.  It won't even acknowledge my email in your system saying it is an invalid email when I try to change my password.  I'll try and submit another support ticket and will report back.

Hi Jason110,

If you didn't receive an email that means that you either didn't send the ticket, or entered an incorrect email address into the form.
I see that the ticket you have sent yesterday is the only one we have in the system.

Anyhow, I would like to take your case regarding this issue, as when I try to follow the steps to cancel the auto-renewal in order to identify the bug, I never get prompted to enter the email address, just the order ID and the password is enough.
So please, could you upload few screenshots when you're attempting to cancel the auto-renewal, including the URL? Be sure to blur any sensitive data from the screenshot before uploading it.
Thank you in advance!

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 02:58:22 PM »
After I enter the Order ID& Password or Email Address and Last 5 digits of my card number it takes me to my list of orders.  From there, I click on one of the order numbers, at which point I am taken to the screen displayed in the Manage Subscription attachment.  Once I click on Manage Subscription, it takes me to the next screen where it requests my email address and password, promptly telling me that my email address is invalid (as displayed in the screenshot).  Additionally, if I click on forgot password, it does not send me an email; I assume because it doesn't recognize the email address, despite the fact that I used it and the last 5 digits of my CC to log into the system.

Here is the URL after I click Manage Subscription: https://store.avast.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplaySelfServiceSubscriptionDetailsPage&SiteID=avast&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=38044100&Env=BASE&subscriptionID=3078573109&requisitionID=14817832200

Thanks.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »
I really don't get it. When I follow the same steps as you do, it doesn't ask me for the email address but shows me the screen in the attachment.

Are you trying to access https://www.avast.com/find-order or findmyorder.com?

I've disabled the auto renewal for you.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 04:29:07 PM »
Yes, I go directly to avast.com/find-order from the email that was sent with the renewal notification.  From there, I log in with my email and the last 5 digits of my CC, which then takes me to the list of my orders.  I click on the most recent order, and it takes me to the screen that shows the Manage Subscription screenshot I shared previously.  Once I click Manage Subscription, that is when it requests my email and password.

Offline gggmot

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 07:52:38 PM »
I purchase Grime fighter by mistake when trying to renew my anti-virus. How can I fix this?