Author Topic: Recommend Licence  (Read 3519 times)

REDACTED

Recommend Licence
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me. I managed to recommend friends and family etc to install avast. I now have 14 people registered show up in my avast and states 14 friends for a free two year licence. The problem is the download licence link states License valid until: 12/15/2015 which is only one year. Does anyone know how to obtain the licence for the two years from the recommendations. Would appreciate any help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Recommend Licence
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
Currently the new points/recommendation/rewards features are still being tested - I don't know when they will be finalised.

Patience is now the only required option - but of course keep using the recommendation feature and continue to build points for a longer license period.

Personally I don't need a reward for recommending avast, I do it because I feel it is a great free antivirus. I just give them the direct download link and not the unique one that would accrue points/friends (I do so hate that term, so, social networking sites).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply

Everything seems to be working fine with the Recommendations/rewards all bar as I mentioned the free licence download link only stating it will be for the year not the two.
I also recommend Avast all the time regardless of the rewards, its just the fact that the rewards are there and offer Avast Internet security for free so while its available why not take advantage of the rewards when I have my reward link at hand. Its as easy giving that as it is giving the free link download.
Again though thanks for the reply, and ill take your advice and just be patient for a while and see if it gets updated.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »
You're welcome - hopefully it won't be too long for them to see how this activity works out to plan the actual reward/free license system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
Just thought id post this so if others have the same issue..

Even though the friends bar goes up to 14, and the licence stats only the one year, once you click the download button and the click the downloaded licence the licence will then auto update. For some reason it doesn't do it prior to that.

So in essence if it happens just download the licence that says the year and if you have 14 friends registered from recommendations once downloaded and installed it will then change. :)

Again thanks for your reply. Your time is much appreciated.

Buzz

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
No problem.

Thanks for the follow up feedback, as you say it could help others.