Author Topic: How to populate devices in my.avast.com?  (Read 2419 times)

REDACTED

How to populate devices in my.avast.com?
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
We have a new EDU account for our school district and while I can login to the my.avast.com dashboard and see my licenses, software downloads, etc. I don't see any installed devices listed.  We are a heavy OS X environment and I can download the Mac app, extract the .pkg file and push it to my MacBook fleet for automated install but I don't see any instructions (in the dashboard or here in the forums) for then getting these devices linked to my Avast dashboard.  I tried it on a test laptop and I can login with my admin email and password (to the Account section of the installed app) and even that device isn't showing in the my.avast.com dashboard.

It's common for there to be a mechanism built in to uniquely identify the devices these apps are installed on (like with OpenDNS Umbrella - where the Mac installation package has our organization ID embedded in the installer so it 'phones home' and automatically binds the device to our account).  Other vendors usually offer some sort of plist or XML file that uniquely identify the organization (a school district, in my case) that can be placed in a given directory.

Ultimately, I'm looking to see how I can deploy these to a few hundred MacBook Airs without having to 'touch' each one and sign in to the app after mass installing the pkg file.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

REDACTED

Re: How to populate devices in my.avast.com?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:47:38 PM »
The free for edu account provides a software license for Avast endpoint protection suite, which is a product that supports only windows devices at this time.
The my.avast.com portal is a free managed business product for anyone to use, and is not associated with your free for edu account.

With that being said, if you need support for the my.avast.com product, then you're best off using the integrated support :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:17:13 PM by Max Marak »