Author Topic: Problems to install Anti-Theft rooted on Android Lollipop  (Read 4154 times)

REDACTED

Problems to install Anti-Theft rooted on Android Lollipop
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »
Hi.

I tried to install it an created a update.zip.
Unfortunately this file is created on the SD-Card.
If  got it right, i will have to install it on TWRP - what i cant do, as the file is not on my Sytem Memory.
And unfortunately Lollipop 5.0.2 wont let me change the Location of the file update.zip form SD-Card to internal Storage.

So: What am i supposed to do now?
Is there a Filemanger that can write on internal Storage with Andoid Lollipop?

Or should i try to flash update.zip from my PC using fastboot?  And if so, i need further advice how.

Tnx for your help.

Oh and btw: These Captchas are more then anoying.

REDACTED

Re: Problems to install Anti-Theft rooted on Android Lollipop
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »
Another problem with Anti Theft on Lollipop. Installed Lollipop 5.1 yesterday over a working installation (5.0.1) without wiping userdata. Anti-Theft wasn't installed anymore because I flashed a new system image. I have working root access but installing Anti-Theft as root doesn't work. Direct write gives an error that there is to little system storage, which isn't the case. Creating an update.zip fails with the same error.

Other apps that require root function normal.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Avast didn't do the trick either.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »
Hi,
The problem is that Google have put so many craps apps on Android 5.1 that the SYSTEM partition is full.
You can use an app like Titanium Backup to delete unwanted apps like Hindi and Korean IME to free some space and it should be OK.
There is the same problem with Cerberus app.

I haven't tested Avast Anti Theft since Android 5.0, I've switched to Cerberus.
I'm plaaning to go back to Avast since the IME is way better.
Is there everything that works correctly or still some bug and / or incompatibility ?
There is not a lot of informationson this forum.

Thank you !

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
I just figured out the same thing this afternoon. It was afteral a storage problem. Apparantly 5.1 only leaves like 4 or 5MB of free storage on the system partition. I removed the Hindi, Korean and Pinyin keyboard. This created enough room for Anti-Theft to install as system app.

Anti-Theft seams to work normal. Never had any bugs on KitKat or Lollipop. The only feature I'm missing is the abillity to make a picture with the front-camera. This is a premium feature though (monthly/yearly fee is a bit high imho).

Offline matthewhk001

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 01:37:12 AM »
Same here. Just uninstalled Korean and Hindu IME with Titanium backup and Avast Anti-Theft installed into root flawlessly.