Author Topic: Avast 4.6 Home Web Shield.  (Read 8919 times)

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast 4.6 Home Web Shield.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 01:06:14 AM »
Wulf!!!!!

I have downloaded the software and started the installation. I will not comment my despair when I saw all those MS AGENT SPEAKING junk loading into my computer - I should have used some test machine, it's my fault. But a quick look into the installation folder shows there is no file named: surfit.exe.

I am afraid you have not done your homework correctly! ???
Please identify the process that performs the browsing whose connections are to be scanned by webshield and than add it's name into the avast4.ini.

My guess would be the: A1SURF.EXE

Now I only hope it comes with the uninstall utility!  ::)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:15:25 AM by lukor »

Wulf

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 02:19:40 AM »
Sorry Lukor, you're right I didn't do my homework! But it's times like this when dummies like me need a guiding hand. Rest assured I've learnt from this.
Your guess was correct and after modifying the Avast ini file the browser is now going through the Webshield, which makes me a lot happier  :) I feel confident to use it now as the Webshield gives me a real feeling of security. Many thanks for your help. If I hadn't of been able to get it to go through the webshield I would of dumped it  Again many thanks to you and the others who contributed. Wulf ;D.
It does unistall, I unistalled and reinstalled a few times.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 12:02:38 PM »
Wulf, I am happy to hear that!
Cheers

Lukas.