Author Topic: Very Nice but... How about....  (Read 6273 times)

REDACTED

Very Nice but... How about....
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:11:11 AM »
As a longtime avast! user I was happy to see this.  But please make the fonts in the notifications (Android) larger and easy to read for people who don't have 20 yrs old eyes.  Battery Doctor has wonderful large bright numbers for charge level and time remaining.  This makes it readable by swiping down to see notifications and easily see battery charge.  Please consider adding readable fonts and you'll have me with this product too.

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: Very Nice but... How about....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
Hi dagrev, thank you for your feedback. We use standard Android notifications, so you might try to make the fonts in the whole system bigger. Although on my Nexus 5 the notification fonts stay the same, it might be different on your phone. It's in System settings - Display - Fonts.

We might think about a custom notification layout in the future, to make the information more visible, but there're other problems connected with it, like different phone manufacturers putting different backgrounds in the notifications, which causes the "custom" notification to look out of place and not fit well together with the system UI.

Ondra

REDACTED

Re: Very Nice but... How about....
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:58:15 AM »
Thanks Ondra!  I have the fonts set to "large" already.  I know it sounds like I'm blind but I'm not.  Just glancing down at those tiny fonts is a pain unless I put my readers on and I don't wear them unless reading (books, etc.).  Even if I set it for "huge" (which is insanely large) it doesn't change the pull down notification on the Samsung.