Author Topic: mouse lag and mouse failure (down scroll only) since recent update  (Read 1130 times)

Offline twhite8611

i have (wireless) mouse lag on the down scroll only.  Up scroll always OK.  Sometimes the lag turns into the down scroll failing to work at all.  i can move horizontally to the scroll bar and scroll the page when needed. 

I use Firefox as my usual browser.  It performs as mentioned above.  However, when I use Safari I have no mouse scroll available.  In other words, I cannot scroll up or down with the mouse wheel on the page but I can move to the far right and scroll with the scroll bar on the page.

This problem started shortly after I updated my Avast software.  The update was done because when I went in to update my definitions it indicated I had an available software update.

I am considering restoring to previous to my latest update of avast software. Would this be the best action to fix my problem or is there another solution?

I have Avast Internet Security valid 11/11/2015 Bronze program version 2015.10.2.2214.  I am using Windows 7 on a HP laptop.  If I have purchased a less than robust virus program I am more than willing to upgrade to another Avast product if necessary in order to get my mouse to work.

thanks in advance.  ANY help, advice, comments are greatly appreciated.

Tim
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:25:32 PM by twhite8611 »