Author Topic: Problem with Mobile Data Popup  (Read 6489 times)

REDACTED

Problem with Mobile Data Popup
« on: March 06, 2015, 08:58:25 AM »
Hello all!

I'll use the Avast Battery Saver, but when I active it, my phone show always a Mobile Data warning popup.
If I switch the battery saver off, this popup never appear...
How I can disable this popup?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9508) and his Android version is 4.4.2

Thank you for your support!
JB
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:00:56 AM by JBS_68 »

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: Problem with Mobile Data Popup
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 05:59:58 PM »
Hi JBS_68, this is very unfortunate and I understand it's annoying. We switch mobile data off to save battery and I suppose when we switch them back on, the OS shows this dialog, like it would when you would switch the data on yourself. We we'll look into that and see what we can do. It didn't happen on phones we tested, so thank you for your feedback.

Ondra

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:02:19 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes, it seems that is somethink like that.
But it's strange, when I switch ON the data on my GS4 by the parameter menu, by the quick start menu or by the widget menu, the phone never ask to confirm it... This popup appear only when I switch ON the battery saver  :-\

If you need any other information, please let me know!

And thank you by adavance for your support!

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »
Hi JBS,

we tried it on our SGS4 and it worked fine, without the popup, even when controled from Battery Saver.

Could be that your phone's ROM (the operating system) is modified by your carrier in a way to show the popup if an app other than a system one tries to enable mobile data. What carrier do you use?

Also it might be that our SGS4 is GT-I9505 and GT-I9506, not GT-I9508. There are some minor differences between them, but again, I suspect the ROM or carrier.

Ondra

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 04:51:07 PM »
Hy Ondra,

Thank you for you support.
I bought my phone in a China Mobile shop and you will find below his caracteristic:
  • Baseband version: I9508ZMUHNH6
  • Build number: KOT49H.I9508ZMUHNH6 2014-08-27
  • Kernel version: 3.4.0-2632060 / dpi@SWDD5516 #1 / Wed Aug 27 21:05:18 KST 2014
But if you can't find the issue, it doesn't matter, I'm not sure that Chinese people use this software
(Because they are using a chinese store, not this one from Google)

But on my phone, I have installed the Play Store from Google, I'm French but I work in China...

Anyway, thanks for your support!!

JB

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
Seems like it's quite popular for Chinese carriers/manufacturers to do this Mobile data popup, because Huawei and ZTE phones also do that, and we haven't really found a way around it yet. On these two it's even worse, because it happens also when enabling Wifi...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, although I'm not sure there's a way to fix it.

Ondra