Author Topic: Lawyer Software causes EP Prot. to popup numerous times  (Read 3593 times)

REDACTED

Lawyer Software causes EP Prot. to popup numerous times
« on: March 06, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »
Dear Avast Support Team,

I contact you on behalf of a customer who is using a german lawyers software. The programm is installed on local clients, however located on a Win SBS2011 Server.

There are exceptions telling EP Prot. to ignore certain *.exe and certain folders/subfolders for AD users "user1", "user2", ...
However, due to a new user beign created, the exceptions must be expanded on this new user. Adding whatsoever into the Avast Sandbox, the changes are being ignored for this AD user. Even already existing entries in the Sandbox are being ignored.
Consequently, when starting the programme, there are about 40 windows opening asking whether to run the programme or not (due to it not being known). When starting tasks/jobs within the programme itself, further windows are popping up, making it almost impossible to work.

Please let me know where and how the folders/files must be listed in order to avoid such behaviour.
Thanks in advance

REDACTED

Re: Lawyer Software causes EP Prot. to popup numerous times
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
Dear Avast Support Team,

unfortunately, I did not yet receive any response for our customers request. Please let me know any solution possible to solve this issue!

Thanks in advance!

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »
Can you provide more details on the exclusions that you put?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
The exclusions concern AppData-Folders and C:/program files/-folders.
A screenshot will be provided ASAP.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
You can find a screenshot following THIS Hyperlink. Please accept the certificate in order to see the screenshot.
Tanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:08:05 PM by S+K »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
Dear Avast Support Team,

I contact you on behalf of a customer who is using a german lawyers software. The programm is installed on local clients, however located on a Win SBS2011 Server.

There are exceptions telling EP Prot. to ignore certain *.exe and certain folders/subfolders for AD users "user1", "user2", ...
However, due to a new user beign created, the exceptions must be expanded on this new user. Adding whatsoever into the Avast Sandbox, the changes are being ignored for this AD user. Even already existing entries in the Sandbox are being ignored.
Consequently, when starting the programme, there are about 40 windows opening asking whether to run the programme or not (due to it not being known). When starting tasks/jobs within the programme itself, further windows are popping up, making it almost impossible to work.

Please let me know where and how the folders/files must be listed in order to avoid such behaviour.
Thanks in advance

we haven't received any request from S+K email address. If you have a ticket number, please provide it to me for a check.
However this forum isn't official way for contacting support. Please use http://support.avast.com portal to submit a ticket.

thank you
Lukas
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »
Thanks - I will contact you via support.avast.com ASAP and create a new ticket.