Author Topic: Threat found, but no results?  (Read 7547 times)

REDACTED

Threat found, but no results?
« on: March 06, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
Hello everybody,

I have set the quick scan to run automatically every night. For some time now, when I get to the computer several hours later, it shows me a window saying that threats were found (in red). But when I click on "show results", nothing happens. There's also nothing in the virus chest and the scan history logs says "no virus found". This does not happen when I start the quick scan manually, which ends with "no threat found" (in green).

At first I thought this "feature" would just disappear but it has been going on for months. Every morning I see the window telling me that threats were found. Does anybody know what this is about?

Thanks ahead!

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Threat found, but no results?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:48:17 PM »
Hi,

First of all, have you updated to the latest version of Avast! https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=167184.0

And when it happens again, can you make a screenshot of that window and post is here ?

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 08:58:30 AM »
I have the same issue. I have a weekly scan and the last several scans have ended with "threat detected" on the summary screen, but neither the text log file nor the scan history show any threat detected by this scan. My Avast version is 2015.10.2.2214 (updated only yesterday). Screendump follows:

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:01:23 AM »
1. Download Avast Pro Antivirus: https://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed Avast versions..!!)
3. Reinstall Avast with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »
How does this fix the problem? Reinstalling Avast sounds more like a workaround than a solution. Do you have any details on why a clean reinstall fixes these fake alerts?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 04:23:35 AM »
How does this fix the problem? Reinstalling Avast sounds more like a workaround than a solution. Do you have any details on why a clean reinstall fixes these fake alerts?
because there is a new version .......

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 05:32:15 AM »
Stop telling people to reinstall the software unless you know specifically that something has been fixed in a version.  Having to unstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and find out in the next scan that the same problem is still there is a waste of time.  This problem has been around for a year now... it hasnt even been addressed by Avast.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:21:32 PM by dprout69 »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 05:47:09 AM »
Pondus is telling to update, because Avast! 2015.10.2.2215 is the latest version ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 06:46:17 AM »
dprout69 is right. Even after doing all the reinstall stuff it is still occurring with .2215 There are other recent threads here showing the same thing.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
hey Stubal if you are running the latest version of avast and still have the problem that was posted above can you provide a picture of that. please. thanks  ;)
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »
DProut is wrong.
The problem has been fixed in the latest version.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
DProut is wrong.
The problem has been fixed in the latest version.

1) What am I wrong about?  Never said it wasn't fixed just said stop advising people to reinstall unless you're certain something was fixed as reinstallation seems to be the go t- answer on these boards whether they know it has been fixed or not.
2) Please point us to where avast says that it was fixed.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 11:34:42 PM »
1) What am I wrong about?  Never said it wasn't fixed just said stop advising people to reinstall unless you're certain something was fixed as reinstallation seems to be the go t- answer on these boards whether they know it has been fixed or not.
2) Please point us to where avast says that it was fixed.

I've had this problem for ages, although in my case it's intermittent. Upgrading to Avast 2015.10.2.2214 from within the UI didn't fix it so I did a clean install using avastclear etc. and it still isn't fixed. Nor is the problem with a scheduled Quick Scan leaving a scan window open when finished, even when no threat is found.

Neither is a major problem, but very irritating!

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 10:53:45 AM »
Hello guys,

this issue will be fixed in updates during next days.

Thanks for report!

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:29 PM »
Thanks radil!!