Author Topic: Latest free avast and Server Busy  (Read 3610 times)

Offline nalo89

Latest free avast and Server Busy
« on: March 05, 2015, 03:48:57 PM »
Hello, Yesterday I installed over the top of the previous version the latest one. During startup this morning a panel appeared and clicking on Switch To quite a few time did nothing. Although the Avast icon appeared in the taskbar this Server Busy panel was associated with it. What also was affected was the Network System icon that appeared with a red cross on it and so I was unable to load various of the functions. I went online on my wife's W7 computer, on which I also installed Avast Free yesterday, and Googled the problem. I found reading about doing a clean boot on Vista a bit offputting so I did a restart and went into Safe Mode and selected Last Known Good Configuration which resolved the issue. Well, not immediately as prior to that I tried to do a restore point recovery whilst in safe mode using Tom's Restore Point Creator interface but got a critical error panel popup. Whilst in safe mode I then accessed Shane's tweaking.com Registry Backup restore points which are located on an external usb drive but I was informed there were errors concerning that out of the 16 parts of a restore poin there were errors with 6 of them. Hence restarting again and selecting LKGF.

Offline nalo89

Re: Latest free avast and Server Busy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »
I have just done a test restart with the result that again the Server Busy panel appeared. I clicked on an icon that appears in the taskbar when the panel appears and it said Avast secureonline not connected. I had to do a restart again, press F8 and again select Last Known Good Configuration to enable a successful boot up. Can someone advise please how to resolve this issue. Thanks

Offline nalo89

Re: Latest free avast and Server Busy
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »
Sorry, it is not Secureonline not connected but SecureLine not connected. Is this something to do with VPN? It is switched on by default in the settings but I do not have a paid licence.

Offline nalo89

Re: Latest free avast and Server Busy SELF-RESOLVED
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:58:57 PM »
Hello, after numerous shutdowns, restarts etc. yesterday with no resolving of the Busy Server popup panel I decided to download the current version and the avastclear files with the view to uninstall and reinstall again this morning. The original install was done over the top of the previous version. I booted up the computer expecting to see the popup again and was ready to carry out the procedure. And what happened? It booted up clean.