Author Topic: Avast running around 100% (any where from around 94% to 98% approx.)  (Read 1316 times)

REDACTED

I've been having issues with my connection internet wise lately  :(. Where it would load slow then start, and at time I wouldn't be able as well. Thought it was just an issue with the isp's server. I've run Avast and it came up clean, and I've run SuperAntiSpyware and it came up clean as well, aside from a cookie.

I turned on my laptop ( running on Windows 8 ) today to find out that the start bar in general is acting/freezing up. Tried turning off explorer.exe and restarting it to see if it would help and it didn't.

As I was checking out the task manager, I saw that Avast was running really hard on the cpu. I figured that it might be connected in some way to the issue. Also the Toshiba updater was running into loading issues due to this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My other laptop is working ok thankfully.

Update: I got it running within normal limits now. Just shut off the 'deep scan' option in settings and it's back down to around 30%. Only problem left has to deal with the Start button/bar. It's still acting up  :(.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:04:45 AM by 1WeirdBug »