Author Topic: DON'T give them your credit card! Avast DOES NOT RESPOND to support tickets!  (Read 8078 times)

REDACTED

I declined renewal of Avast, choosing instead to go back to Norton 365 which I get for free from Comcast.
Yet I was unexpectedly charged a "renewal" fee from my bank account! I called both the public customer
service number on their web site and the phone number available on my bank statement and told that
billing disputed WILL NOT BE DEALT WITH on the phone and I would need to submit a support ticket
on line.

It's been TWO WEEKS and two support tickets issued and NO REPLY. I've had to file a dispute directly
with my bank and will have to now close down and re-issue my visa card in order to get the renewal
charge removed.

This involves having to go to a number of other services that are charged to my card automatically and
update my card info, and potentially miss payments, and a huge inconvenience overall.

DO NOT GIVE AVAST ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER! THEY WILL ABUSE THE
PRIVILEGE, TAKE YOUR MONEY, AND PROVIDE NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT! >:(

IF they have access to my bank account, and take my money, they should be REQUIRED to offer real,
live, responsive, phone or ACTUAL support. Avast should be shut down for this unethical practice.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Post your Ticket-ID.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

My ticket numbers are: BJM-171-40290
and MSR-140-51453

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
OK, it has been reported (thanks Bob).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

I have the same problem. I want my money back!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot

REDACTED

omg i just purchased avast premier , secure vpn , and the grime fighter yesterday , and now i regret it , Also i checked off for no auto matic renewal . Its so scarey to realize just how bad things have become and how as a customer we have no rights . We get crapware , we get tricked,  and it seems there is nothing we can  do about these things.  What ever happenned about the days when we purchased some software and had some kind of up lifting feeling , aftewards.  I feel almost sick to my stomach i purchased this software. I realize it i got  i ripped off again .   !!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Musicaz,

please stop hijacking other peoples threads and do not post things that are proven to be not true.

Its so scarey to realize just how bad things have become and how as a customer we have no rights
Ofcourse a customer has rights. Which ones depends on the rules/laws in the country you are living in to what terms you have agreed when you bought something.
We get crapware
Only if you download/buy it. avast is not crapware.
we get tricked
Definitely not by avast.
I realize it i got  i ripped off again .   !!!
No you where not in any way unless you bought the licenses from a scammer and not from avast.

As I have asked you before,
if you have a problem with the avast software (or with other software/your system), please start your own thread in the correct forum.
Tell the problem and provide details.

REDACTED

what exactly did i post that is not proven , quote me , i assume english is not your first language sir

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
What part of
if you have a problem with the avast software (or with other software/your system), please start your own thread in the correct forum. Tell the problem and provide details.
What part is it you do not understand ?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:19:59 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

btw grimefighter doesnt work at all for me so i suppose the adjective crapware was not correct , i will have to think i guess of a better adjective .  Also all one has to do is read the forums here and learn about how most people are not happy with the software and how solutions are not there for them , so please dont waste your time  you fanbois or whatever to admonish me.  I am a customer and your views are worthless to me  sir

REDACTED

your sentence "is it you do not understand ?"  makes no sense to me , i hope someone can translate what you meant .   Maybe take some grammar lessons sir , no offence . I mean seriously my friend you statement proves my point   . ha ha ha

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
musicaz,

how many times is it that if you want help/solve things,
you need to be told to start your own thread in the correct forum and provide details before you understand and do it ?
Also all one has to do is read the forums here and learn about how most people are not happy with the software and how solutions are not there for them
Totally untrue. Most people? Let me give you a huge clue. avast has over 230 million users. So if it really was most people that would mean there would be at least about 115 million that have problems with the software.

REDACTED

I posted in this forum to give affirmation to the person who started this thread and was in my own way agreeing with them and just adding some personal concerns about the customer service that i  have already experienced is lacking . Can i suggest  for you to maybe take some lessons on how to read or understand english.    And maybe  not push your arrogance and ego or anger on others simply because you dont understand what they are saying in the first place .  duh