Author Topic: [BUG] 10.2.2214 - Scan GUI Stuck  (Read 3475 times)

REDACTED

[BUG] 10.2.2214 - Scan GUI Stuck
« on: March 08, 2015, 01:59:31 AM »
If you try to stop a scan after its been going a while, the GUI doesnt react.  It just appears stuck on the scan.  If you close the GUI and then reopen you can see the scan actually has stopped.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:27:00 AM by dprout69 »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: [BUG] 10.2.2214 - Scan GUI Stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:08:16 AM »
If you "pause" the scan it WILL appear the way you describe ("stuck on the scan") because that is exactly what a "pause" is supposed to do.  If you take the "pause" off (enable scan again) does it then continue to scan?

As to the "stop", it should stop and give you a status on the scan at that point, for example: "Scan cancelled, NO THREAT FOUND".

So it doesn't do that?

In any case I'm not sure if there's a "bug" since it doesn't happen in my case.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:10:06 AM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 02:26:06 AM »
Yeah let me clarify... it's stop.  Let it run to around 20 percent and try it.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 02:48:17 AM »
I'm assuming your saying that the "Pause" stopped (and would not restart but instead just hung up at that point).

OK, I "paused" at 82%, I then restarted and the scan continued on from there as you can see the scan at 84% (see images).
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 03:16:04 AM »
no, I clarified and stopped

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 03:27:07 AM »
no, I clarified and stopped

Sorry, I misunderstood. I see you've removed the reference to "pause" in your original post.

So it's only a problem when you "stop" the scan and then Avast does not give you a status on the scan at that point, for example: "Scan cancelled, NO THREAT FOUND" as I had posted before.

OK, I've started another scan and "Stopped" it at 20% as you suggested and this is what I got (doesn't seem to be a problem, see images).  It would appear this is possibly a problem unique to you thus possibly not a "bug" as you had suggested.  Have you tried it again?  Is this problem you have persistent or random?

If it's a one-time type thing then could have just been a glitch that will not likely reappear.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:15:20 AM by lakrsrool »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 05:42:55 AM »
Yes could also be the settings on my avast scan as opposed to what you've selected but I appreciate your attempt at doing nothing more trying so hard to sound right when you take nothing into consideration other than the sound of your own keyboard

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 06:25:49 AM »
Yes could also be the settings on my avast scan as opposed to what you've selected but I appreciate your attempt at doing nothing more trying so hard to sound right when you take nothing into consideration other than the sound of your own keyboard

So then I take it the problem your having still exists and therefore is persistent and not at all random or a one-time deal?

Sorry I can't be of any more help considering that I'm not having the same problem.

If the cause is in your scan settings as  you suggest might be the case then I'm sure a resourceful person like yourself will be able to figure it out.

Oh and be sure and check back and let us know your progress, as you know it's always helpful when solutions are found that can help others on this board.  :)