Author Topic: Error while sedating my PC with GRIME FIGHTER  (Read 14173 times)

REDACTED

Error while sedating my PC with GRIME FIGHTER
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:12:59 AM »
When running my GF, I purchased today, an error message shows when sedating my PC.  It also says that I should contact support.avast.com , but to tell the truth it is not clear at all how and to whom I should state my problem, to get some help.

If this GF is not going to work  at full capacity, I want my money back!

Please tell me what I should do.

Thks,

FS

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Error while sedating my PC with GRIME FIGHTER
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:09:01 AM »
What exact version of avast do you have installed ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
I have the same issue, freezing for a long time at the "sedating pc" process and then "An error has occurred when sedating my PC". And where I can see what version of GF I'm using? Every time I hit for the GF to analyze my PC it downloads something and then reboots - is this normal?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:17:31 AM »
I have the free avast updated version antivirus.

fresar01

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 05:52:45 PM »
I am having the same issue. I also am using the free version of Avast and am running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite (PSAY3C-04S10) I thought it might be due to some of the power features that can be enabled to run while the computer is off but after turning those off the issue still exists.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
hi all, i have the same issue, I have avast premier from today and using a grime licence purchased last December both of licences are for 3 machines, i am trying to run GF in two and same problem, that makes me think its AVAST issue and not the machine

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:51:48 PM »
I just purchased the GF too, not working: "error when sedating your pc". I want my money back too!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 05:41:48 AM »
I just purchased the GF too, not working: "error when sedating your pc". I want my money back too!
Submit a ticket: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 07:37:34 PM »
Hey Guys,

I also get the same error. Reboots into Grimefighter, "Sedates" the computer, "Starts to call in tech team" and gets to about 95% to where it would start fixing things and then I get the Abort error and have to cancel out.

Just an observation but I didn't have this problem with the previous release of Avast Internet Security 2015. I got the update released on 03/02/2015 and ever since then, it doesn't seem to work. I submitted a ticket and will let you know if I hear anything. If someone else has already heard, let us know!

Cheers,
Chris

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »
I get the same error when sedating my PC. Windows 7 SP 1. I tried multiple times after purchasing the software. Would like an explanation or a refund.

Submitted a service ticket but have not heard back. Ticket ID: #PIR-123-92935

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 11:33:13 PM »
salve ho mandato una richiesta di supporto per  GrimeFighter e non esegue la scansione dei problemi si blocca subito al momento di sedare il pc .

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »
So just a quick update on my end (and an attachment to see if it is the same thing). For the record I am also running Windows 7 SP1.

Attached is where it is getting hung up - just curious if everyone else is getting to the same point.

Heard back from Tech Support and they wanted me to try running the stand alone version. Tried that and still gets hung up on the same screen. Have reverted back to Tech Support so hopefully we will get it sorted.

EDIT - Here is version of Avast I am currently running 2015.10.2.2215.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:17:26 PM by xanax76 »

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
I'm stuck at the same 95ish % place too! When I restart my pc in the first place I can't use my mouse or my keyboard. So I first have to reboot in safe mode, and then reboot again normally. I bought this program yesterday,but it's been messing more with my PC then fixing it..

I want my money back or a working program..

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 09:13:55 PM »
:-\
Seems like there are plenty of complaints logged here ! When can we expect a reply from tech support ?...the "866" phone for USA users is not working either !!