Author Topic: Error while sedating my PC with GRIME FIGHTER  (Read 14177 times)

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Error while sedating my PC with GRIME FIGHTER
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »
Hi All,

First, apologies for the frustration caused by this issue.  If I could kindly ask you to please open a support ticket here:

https://support.avast.com/

And be sure to include an important file.  Please go to C:  Windows, jumpshot.com and attach the grimefight text document.  This should help us identify why GrimeFighter is getting stuck at that point in the scan.

Many thanks for your patience regarding this.

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »
Very disappointed in Avast.  Have been a loyal user for years.  I purchased GF yesterday and got the "error sedating PC message."  Submitted a ticket for tech support and received NO reply.  Submitted a ticket to request a refund and got NO reply.  Called 866# and sat on hold for hours with no answers.  Shame on you Avast. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 02:26:03 PM »
You should have gotten a automated reply.
And you also should have patience, this is the real world.
It is only one day ago since you have submitted your first ticket.
avast is trying to handle the tickets within 10 business days.
As has been explained many times, each time you submit a ticket you will be put back to the bottom of the stack making it you will have to wait longer.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 03:59:25 AM »
Quick Update from my end:

Again, for those that are frustrated, Tech Support has definitely been responsive and working with me. We still haven't got to the bottom of the issue but the last attempt was done after TS reset my account. Still no luck. Still gets stuck running both "through" the virus software and as a stand alone.

Davidek, the file that you are requesting, is it Drive:/Windows/jumpshot.com/Grimefight.txt or /avastium.txt? I can attach either or.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 05:24:36 AM »
my pc just froze when it was at sedated mode and already connected to the internet.  Now I dont even know how to run it again since I can't see grimefighter in my Avast control panel.  :-[

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 12:44:11 PM »
Hello xanax,

Both of those files could help so please send both.

Martin, please open Avast and go to Scan, Scan for Performance Issues.  That will start GrimeFighter.  Alternatively, you can right click on one of the tiles on the main screen and select GrimeFighter there as a shortcut

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »
So a few updates:

1) I've attached the error message I am getting. I am working with Lukas from TS who has forwarded the problem onto the developers but have heard nothing back as of yet. Interesting that I was able to use the program for a couple of months with no issue but with the most recent updates to Avast Pro, it seems like there is a conflict (or perhaps conflict with a Windows update?).

2) As most people here, I can connect to the internet just fine when I boot into Windows. I am hardwired in and not via wifi.

3) Davidek, I would be more than happy to post my files but I'm a bit hesitant to put them up in the public forum. Would I be able to message them to you? Also, Lukas wanted files from a folder called "hw". I don't have such a folder but was curious as to why I don't have that folder?

Cheers!

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
One item I noticed in the Avastium file...at the end it states:

[0331/214941:ERROR:proxy_config_service_win.cc(159)] WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser failed: 1018

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 01:38:46 AM »
I see a lot of people with the same complaint I have. I filed a ticket days ago, but have yet to hear back about it. Has anybody ever had this issue fixed, or should I just demand my money back?

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 01:45:41 AM »

And be sure to include an important file.  Please go to C:  Windows, jumpshot.com and attach the grimefight text document.  This should help us identify why GrimeFighter is getting stuck at that point in the scan.

I found no such file at that location. The only  text document I found in the "jumpshot.com" folder was called "jumpshot_version.txt.new."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:48:35 AM by nikkiru »

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 02:06:44 AM »
hello.
i need help.
My GRIME FIGHTER don't work.
when it is in 95% approximately abort it and sends a message for me to access the support http://support.avast.com. He is paid and is not free, as well as the antivirus.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 04:11:51 AM »
Tech Support still working on my problem. Sent the files to Davidek via PM (Davidek, let me know if you got them). Still getting the same issue. I'm wondering if this is a Windows Update issue....although when it reboots into Grimefighter, it should be "outside" of the windows framework I guess. Strange thing is, when in grimefighter, and I get the error, I can still surf the internet. It is like something is blocking Grimefighter from connecting.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 01:11:26 PM »
Hi Xanax76,

We weren't able to entirely pinpoint the issue causing your error.  There are a couple possibilities; basically when GrimeFighter starts to boot into Linux it needs to perform a few tasks in order to be able to do that on top of a Windows system.  It looks at the registry, disk, graphic, and network configs.  If any of those seem amiss to GrimeFighter, it decides not to run instead of potentially removing or changing key files on your PC.

Long story short, we owe you a refund and an apology that the product did not work as expected.  Please open a support ticket at the link below and ask for a refund.

I can say that we are working on a major product upgrade that will eliminate this issue from happening but I can't give a firm release date yet except to say early summer.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »
Grime fighter worked twice on my laptop. Very useful. But then I started receiving same error of not sedating my PC and about contacting services. The last time it stopped speedbit working, could this be the culprit because Google too started complaining about speedbit

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »
Hi Xanax76,

We weren't able to entirely pinpoint the issue causing your error.  There are a couple possibilities; basically when GrimeFighter starts to boot into Linux it needs to perform a few tasks in order to be able to do that on top of a Windows system.  It looks at the registry, disk, graphic, and network configs.  If any of those seem amiss to GrimeFighter, it decides not to run instead of potentially removing or changing key files on your PC.

Long story short, we owe you a refund and an apology that the product did not work as expected.  Please open a support ticket at the link below and ask for a refund.

I can say that we are working on a major product upgrade that will eliminate this issue from happening but I can't give a firm release date yet except to say early summer.

Thanks Davidek and I'm really sorry to hear this. Just out of curiosity, are you and the team thinking that it is windows conflict or another piece of software? The reason I ask is that it worked fine up until the beginning of March when I updated my Avast version and of course, I've been installing Windows updates all along. I'd have to confirm but I haven't installed any new software for a bit. Again, just curious. I will submit a ticket for a refund. If there is something else I can submit, let me know. I've turned Grimefighter off for now.