Author Topic: Avast Issues // Grime Fighter and Secure Line  (Read 1885 times)

REDACTED

Avast Issues // Grime Fighter and Secure Line
« on: March 11, 2015, 08:09:49 AM »
I lost my license to Secure Line and one of my three licenses to Grime Fighter due to Avast Grime fighter corrupting my Operating System (Windows 7 Pro), I lost my licenses to these two things because I had to completely wipe my hard drive to install Windows again.

To get to the point, I just purchased Secure Line last week along with grime fighter, and after I ran Grime Fighter my OS became corrupted and when I finally got my PC working again, I was no longer able use Secure Line because it says my license has expired, I'm assuming because the license was issues to my old Hard Drive info. If there is no way to fix this and get my one license for Grime Fighter back and my Secure Line license, I would have wasted 89.00$ Just for the Grime Fighting program to corrupt my PC and eat my Secure Line license.

And yes, I did download the license file from my account, it says it has expired despite it being purchased a week ago.

I'm hoping I don't get ripped off on my Secure Line purchase because an Avast software corrupted my PC.

Anyways, thanks to whoever helps me.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Issues // Grime Fighter and Secure Line
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:48:29 AM »
Hello,
I experienced the very same problem. Grime fighter totally crashed my windows 7 pro system. It was totally impossible to start the computer and I had to completely reinstall windows, therefore losing precious time and some files which were not backed up yet.
All licences were correctly installed and Grime fighter worked before. I will ask for reimbursement and use another security programm, like Norton etc.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Issues // Grime Fighter and Secure Line
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:52:12 AM »
forum section for GrimeFighter and SecureLine is found here

Avast Additional products   https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=44.0

for refund and other issues - avast support is here   https://support.avast.com/

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:00:07 AM by Pondus »